What's Your Makeup Budget?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I"m ashamed that i dont have a budget, i just kind of go crazy. but im working on doing better (started my 10 pan- i might have to do more if i include my freelance kit not just my personal stash) and i guess its about time to make one.

I try to limit myself to about $40-$50 a month. I don't buy MAC because you can't find cheaper items out there that are just as good.

No budget, I don't go through make up that fast to buy stuff every month.

If I see something interesting, though, then I'll get it (Drug store or online).

I get to the point where I don't see anything new and different anymore but I *do* see improvements over existing products, so that's mainly what gets me to buy anything anymore.

Like alot of people I go through phases where I won't buy anything for 6 months then suddenly I'l go mad. I bought a whole load of stuff recently that I can't really afford (makeup is my pick-me-up, at least it's better for me than chocolate) but I won't buy anything else for a while. At least I hope the urge doesn't strike again until I'm working full time...

No budget. Usually my bigger buys are on sales like F & F for Sephora & MAC, etc. I'd like to hopefully say under $600 a year and that is a generous estimate. I spend more in some months than others depending on what I see. I don't think it should comprise of more than one percent of your income though and even that is generous.

I feel way better about not having a budget now lol. Seems like we're pretty much all sporadic spenders.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by paintednightsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif No budget. Usually my bigger buys are on sales like F & F for Sephora & MAC, etc. I'd like to hopefully say under $600 a year and that is a generous estimate. I spend more in some months than others depending on what I see. I don't think it should comprise of more than one percent of your income though and even that is generous. I think it should be more than 1 % assuming you have a 10 dollar an hour job and work 40 hours a week, you would have about 18,000 left after Taxes are taken out. lets say.

that would be 180 per year budgeted. If you budget it for just makeup that is MORE than enough.

But for example in my budget the 'makeup' budget includes all my personal hygene needs, including shower stuff, stuff for that time of the month ect. i know when i include all those things i spend about 25 dollar per month on all those things (darn feminine hygene stuff!) but if i was to go by the 1 percent budget, and that included everything i lump in with makeup, i would not be spending enough to be able to both wash my hair and have feminen hygene products every month.

My spending habits on makeup are sporadic. I may go three months without buying a single items. Other times I may spend $15.00-50.00 in a month. I try to set a budget and it usually works for me. The only exception was when Sephora opened a store where I live last year. I kind of went crazy that day
wink.gif
lol.

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't really have one. I try not to buy so much that I never use up anything. My spending also depends on if there are any cute collections or good deals out. I haven't been wanting to splurge like crazy since the Barbie Loves MAC collection, which was A LONG time ago. I didn't get to buy all the stuff I wanted then either. BOO lol My boyfriend just bought me a barbie loves MAC....I sooooo love it! Have you ever gone on stars makeup haven? u have to keep searching but you can sometimes buy limited editions of MAC sometimes there just samples but a lil is better than none
smile.gif

No budget for me....it really depends on what I need. Lately it has been alot because I had a ds brand brush set....although they were okay they didn't hold up for deep cleaning. So my $ has been going on a new brush set...I'm building it slowly doing research as I go....I hate spending big money on a brush and bringing it home and hating it!

I don't really have one. I'll get obsessed with something and try to find alternatives or I'll have to have it. But I also have lots of dry spells. So I think I spend just right.

I just hold out for MAC collections and choose the ones I want. I try to get permanent items when I go overseas at duty free and get the LE items instore.

I haven't bought anything in a really long time, and I'll usually only spend money if I need something. Once in a while I'll splurge, but it's not very often.

I don't have a budget but some months spend more than others.. Now I am starting a no buy until july when the In the Groove collection comes out because this past months I've spend a lot..

I don't have a makeup budget. It probably would have been good for me to come up with one a year ago, too late now. I have more makeup than I can use in 10 life times. I tried to do a project 10 pan and failed. Then I tried a project 1 pan and failed at that too. Now what I do is before I buy any makeup I have to go through my collection and make sure I don't have anything like it already. This has worked wonders for me. I have reduced my makeup spending by 99% by doing this.

I also noticed the more I buy the less I use and appreciate what I already have. Lately I have been trying to use everything I have a least once. I discovered a lot of nice products in my collection that I didn't know I had.

I really dont have much of a budget on makeup, last couple months i did spend a couple hundred but thats because i had to get rid of the old and buy new. I shop any chance i get besides makeup i do spend on clothes, jewelry and shoes..and I too get withdrawls if i cant shop lol!

it varies for me too. but i try to keep it as low as i can !

It's so hard to just pass those makeups thou!

Back