How do you all have your makeup set up??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a "woman cave" basically spare bedroom and i have turned into my walk in closet. I got a cheap desk off craigslist and tuned that into my makeup vanity, just curious if others have done the same or use a vanity or where else you all keep your makeup and goodies.......

I have a vanity where I keep my most used products, then I have makeup displayed all across my dresser, I have a few of those 3-drawer organizers, and then I have a Helmer with my nail polishes and the rest of my makeup. I want to get an armoire to keep the majority of stuff so it's not so spread out all over the place.

I do like my setup for my dresser though. Everyone says it looks like a store lol. Here are some pics I took a little while ago. All the plastic stuff is now pink.

626863d0.jpg

01204a69.jpg

eda992ec.jpg

cd4ba601.jpg

49751db8.jpg

Very nice set up, Lola

I used to have my own dresser that I did my makeup at, but since Shern's cousin is in our spare room I've moved my stuff onto my sewing table... Kinda sucks actually!

Whhhoooa I want Lolas setup!

Well its a long story but I will make it short....because of a divorce my angry ex threw out most of my personal things! (which I am in the middle of court hearings for). I lost the majority of my makeup collection but I now have a new boyfriend that is GREAT! He has helped me put together a decent size kit but its still small. I now live with him in a much smaller apartment so my collection is in a train kit and on our bureau....I have only been living with him for 10 months so maybe in our future I will have a woman cave
biggrin.gif

I love my boyfriend dearly we live in a 2BD and he wanted a man cave so bad but since i have so much clothes, shoes, and other girlie things he let me have the spare bedroom, I'm in the process of redoing it w/better shelves and stuff but once i get it done I will put up some pics. And yea hes the one that started calling it my woman cave and reminds me when we move someday he will get his desired man cave lol!

I have mine in a clear plastic bag thing I got with a bath set, and my most used stays in a plastic bag that goes in my handbag (foundation, blush, bronzer, liner, mascara, chapstick, 2x eyeshadow, concealor)

Wow Geeko...what a collection you have. I keep my everyday stuff in a cosmetic bag that I keep in my hall closet. Since I have kids it means that I can bring the bag into any room with me since I never know when I'll have a spare moment for doing makeup. For the stuff that I don't use as regularly I keep that in a bureau drawer in the kid's rooms. I'm jealous of the great woman caves people posted.

Wow Geeko that's an awesome stash and layout! I keep all my stuff in one of those sterlite plastic drawers that's in the process of being redecorated. I bought a small student desk for 5 bucks of ebay (in very good condition) that was painted blue. I got my husband to paint it baby pink. My mil gave me the top portion of an old vanity mirror that has shelfs on the corner. I removed that top portion of my desk as it is not nailed for easy removing and placed the vanity mirror on top. It fit perfectly so that's where I store everything. It's my writing desk/homework desk/vanity area. Not very fancy but whole lot better than having a handheld mirror doing my makeup by the window and taking my makeup out of 5 different traincases lol.

WOW ! I have a make up box ! thinking of turning the spare room into my makeup/dressing room .... not to sure what the hubby will think !

I like to sit in front of a full length mirror on the floor, so i keep my makeup in a dresser drawer that is right next to where i do my makeup.

Jealous of your woman cave!! I just keep my stuff in rubbermaid type drawers in the bathroom. With my new mu habit it's getting pretty crowded in there. I wish I had all the drawers that geeko's vanity has.

Doya G, I like your case.

Since i moved i keep everything in my closet, inside two boxes, one big for all my stuff, a smaller one for the palettes, and a rolling case for the brushes.

I store my brushes bristle-up in an ordinary glass cup from the kitchen cupboard, but all my eyeshadows/lipsticks/foundation etc gets stored in a fold-out makeup box, with different products on each level and side.

Wow Lola your so organised! It looks great. And geeko wow! I'm coveting your collection and your beautiful cabinet.

Here's mine (much less organized and neat)...

makeuptable.jpg

I used an old computer desk. I use the the slide out shelf (with cigar box) for eye make-up, the top has my perfume and my basket of nail polish and the main part has my skin care and foundations/powers/BB cream etc as well as my accessories. I try to keep my samples (I get lots of samples!) in cosmetic cases to be neat but they always migrate all over the house!

I definitely need an upgrade!!! I want a vanity table (is that what they're called?

Back