How do you all have your makeup set up??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has inspired me to organize my stash a little better. I think I'll go to Target this afternoon and look for better storage.
biggrin.gif

I'm so jealous of all your stashes. My boyfriend has turned the spare room into a "spare car parts and nitro cars" room. Sad really. And my bathroom has really poor lighting so I hate doing my makeup in there!! You guys have inspired me to get organising and get hunting for an awesome desk to turn into a vanity!

xx

My make up is stashed in boxes all around my room. This has made me ashamed to call myself a make up lover! looks like a little reordering will be on the cards!

In the beginning, all of them were in my room on top of my drawers in shoe boxes. I cleared out one of the top drawers and moved the shoe boxes in them. I also have pill cases for my depotted shadows as well as Sterilite 5 drawer. The 5 drawer is sitting in front of my drawer in the corner. Hopefull I'll organize more and have pictures soon.

Holy frijoles, Geeko! I am pretty sure I'm green with envy! LOL I don't have a substantial collection by any means, but that will (hopefully) change soon since I'm starting at Sephora at the end of the month! Maybe I'll try to post some pics later of how I keep my goods organized.

My lovely Husband has just bought me a gorgeous Laura Ashley dressing table and we're putting wall to wall wardrobes into the spare room. It'll be like a walk in wardrobe when he's finished and I'll have somewhere to sit and do my make-up.............yay!

My makeup collection's a mess. I need to get some drawers. Right now I have EVERYTHING in one container, minus some of my larger palettes. This used to be fine when I didn't really wear makeup, but in the last year it's grown so much it's time I grab some organizers.

You guys have nice set ups. Lola, wow! I want to go shopping at your place ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a desk with three drawers for storage. On top of it I have a sterilite container with three drawers for storing extras.

Wow, all of your setups look so nice. Mine's so messy in comparison!

I have mine on a large windowsill in the bathroom. My "most used" makeup is arranged on a silver dessert serving tray, my lip glosses are in a small dainty teacup, and my brushes are in a small coca cola glass.

I am a mess, have depottet some of the eye shadows though, but my blushes and my lipstics are in ice cream boxes.

Here is how my makeup is all set up. Most of it is in the pink 10 drawer organizer. I got it from Office Depot for $49. I love it, it does the job. But I might need something with deeper drawers. Need to make a trip to Ikea.

Mine is in various places: a plastic storage drawer on the bathroom counter for the stuff I use the most, several cardboard "photo storage" boxes in my nightstand, and a shelf in my closet where I have a couple more plastic storage drawers and bath products I am not currently using.

Love this set up!!! I might have to get one of those 10 drawer organizers for my room :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by iKristen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is how my makeup is all set up. Most of it is in the pink 10 drawer organizer. I got it from Office Depot for $49. I love it, it does the job. But I might need something with deeper drawers. Need to make a trip to Ikea.

I bought a tool box from Walmart for $7.88. And I have a small, clear storage container for the things I don't use very often.

In the top two compartments, I keep smaller eyeshadow palettes and pots, eyelash glue, eyeshadow pencils and Sephora samples.

My brushes. A good mix of paintbrushes I bought at Michael's and makeup brushes.

I have to do a lot rearranging every time I finish applying my makeup because it's hard to get everything in and closed properly.

I just bought three 88 palettes from Coastal Scents, so I'm gonna need to get more storage soon. Possibly the smaller version of this tool box that was $5.

I don't have any room at all in my house to store my makeup properly so I have it all in a large plastic storage box under the bed. Its separated by a cutlerly separater and things though lol.

My perfumes are all in a large basket beside my chest of drawers with some of my favourites sitting out on top of the chest of drawers but thats really it. I really have too much perfume though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, love that stacking drawer thing! I have all my makeup stuffed into two tiny drawers. But since my collection has been expanding recently, I might have to migrate some of it into a cabinet. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have mine on a desk and in the desk drawer.  I also bought a bench that opens up and I store my hair stuff in there.  I thought I was pretty cleaver to do that.  Lol!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have more posts on my blog.  I've changed a few things since I took these pictures, but it's pretty much the same! 

http://beautyblogxo.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-make-up-vanity-pic-heavy.html

I love seeing how other people organize their makeup!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back