Do you weigh yourself every day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
celeb_scale.jpg

Just wondered... I do every morning, almost like I need to see how much I weigh so I know how bad I did the day before and what I can eat that day! lol

Hmm honestly.. I haven't weighed myself in over 3 years. I remember the last time I weighed myself was when I was planning a move.

I just recently joined and unjoined the curves gym and they weigh and measure you. So I came home, not happy with the weight results and reweighed myself. To my pleasure I'd only gained 40 pounds as opposed to 50..

bahahaha

No, I've heard weighing yourself daily can lead to unhealthy behaviors. lol. I try to stick to once a week.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, I've heard weighing yourself daily can lead to unhealthy behaviors. lol. I try to stick to once a week. ITA! Weight can also fluctuate due to pre-menstrual water retention. And it won´t make me any happier if I magically way 3lbs less than the day before cause I´ll still look the same.
I way myself sporadically, sometimes 1-2 times a week, and then I´ll go for weeks without stepping on the scale. When I eat relatively well my weight doesn´t really fluctuate anyway

I am weighing myself everyday right now, because of the diet I'm on. Twenty pounds gone!!! I never used to weigh myself though, and once I get to the weight I want, I will only be weighing myself every month.

I dont own a scale , But if i did i would probly be depressed from checking all the time LMFatAO!!!!!
smile.gif

Lol. And I thought it was more normal! Chalk it up to another one of my obsessions.. Sigh.

I don't weigh myself even once a month! Mostly because I started taking measurements instead and because I'm weight training, most weight gained is due to muscle anyway. Last time I weighed myself the gap had been about 3 months and I noticed that I lost about 27 lbs from 6 months earlier though =)

Sometimes when i go paranoid i weigh myself everyday, sometimes i do once a week. But i never weigh during my period, with all that hormonal mess i bloat so that wouldn't be very helpful.

I used to do it daily, then got really discouraged when my period would come and it would be 5lbs more...damn that water retention. I try to do it once a week now...becuase your weight fluctuates so much given the time of day, how much you ate/drank, if you've gone to the bathroom..I found that weighing myself daily was doing more harm then good. I stick to doing it every wednesday morning now (except when im on my period, i skip that week all together).

I did when I was suffering from depression and an eating disorder. I don't now and I won't step on a scale either. Last time I stepped on any scale was when they weigh you at the doctors when I was pregnant with my daughter 7 years ago.

It only leads to self dissatisfaction and depression. Not a good thing to start the day with.

Originally Posted by Seraphine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't weigh myself, I just look at my body
smile.gif
Now I would get depressed doing that! At least if my chubby body weighted 2 pounds less that the day before I could feel better about myself.. A little. Lol.

You'd drive yourself nuts if you kept checking it all the time! I do once in a while if I feel like it, because then once you do, that's all you think about for awhile, lol. I normally just go with how I feel.

Let me just say I used to and I don't anymore. I seriously became obsessed and was always fixiated on a certain number and everything. I don't bother now and I am MUCH happier lol.

Back