Do you weigh yourself every day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm trying to lose weight... but the daily weigh-in was making me go crazy (fluctuations) so I decided to stick with once a week (Monday mornings).

But I think I might just start relying on dress sizes now until I reach my goal size and then see where I fall weight-wise... probably much better for my sanity.

Originally Posted by Seraphine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't weigh myself, I just look at my body
smile.gif
I think the mirror is a better judge as the scales do not take into consideration your fat/muscle/bone/ligament/organ ratios

LOL I lost a pound this weekend and I didn't even step on the scale... Sunday...

I've been meaning to buy a scale for the longest while. I used to rely on my OB to tell me how much I weighed while I was preggers, but other than that, I really have had no need for it.

The weighing machine is always lying to me..hahahaha...i gotta start my exercise regime until then no weighing maching..lols.

For the most part yes, I like to maintain my weight because I have a insulin problem so I think it's important to not let my weight fluctuate too much.

Once a week is plenty.Your body is mostly water and therefore weight can fluctuate naturally on a daily basis. the best way to weigh yourself is once a week, the same time of day on the same day before eating anything. This will give you an accurate record of what your weight is.

Unfortunately I do... but it keeps me on track. If I eat something different or have one too many cookies the night before I will weigh myself in the morning. If I have gained, it just lets me know how I should eat that day if that makes any sense.

I do weigh myself daily.  I was on a weight loss kick about 4 months ago where I dropped about 25lbs.  I was doing great and then stress of the holidays kicked in and I have slowly regained some weight.
But I do peek everyday, sadly.

This is an older thread, and even busy professionals can make time to weigh themselves if they have a scale, especially a digital scale. Those tend to take seconds, and it's really easy to do. Not sure why you think that weighing is only for non professional types? Anyways, regardless of that, i don't weigh myself regularly because I don't own a scale. I'm not overweight, and I don't have a goal weight, so a scale won't really tell me something that I really need to know. (If I exercise regularly, I gain more muscle weight than fat loss, and I don't have much of a muscle gain goal either.) I get measured whenever I go to the doc's, but I've been pretty stable for the last 10 years or so.

I used to weigh myself every day when I was a lot skinnier.  Now I'm heavier (which I'd like to lose), but getting on the scale just bums me out too much!

Now that I´m on a healthy eating & exercise track I weigh myself about 1-2x/week, mainly out of curiosity and habit. I have a fast metabolism, so even 2 weeks of not working out at all and eating junk food won´t affect my weight at all, so there is really no need to step on the scale that often. But back when I started my workout regimen over a year ago I wanted to keep track of how much weight I lost so I started weighing myself more often...and it kind of stuck with me I guess

Back