What's your favourite aspect of makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think everyone has a certain aspect of makeup that they enjoy the most. For some it's lips, others it's eyes, others skin or cheeks. What part holds your interest the most and gives you the most thrills?

For me, it's eyes! I spend the most time on eyes and am the most interested in eyeshadows and all that. I also really like spending time perfecting the skin sometimes, taking a lot of time on the foundation, contouring, etc so my skin looks extra flawless.

For me the aspect I'm least interested in is lips - most days a bit of lip balm is all I do, or a little bit of sheer gloss or very sheer lipstick on occasion.

I would say eyes, i love eyeshadows, i've started using makeup by using mascara and eyeshadows. But i also take care of the rest, just because i think a flawless face really helps getting a finished look.

Me too, I like working on my eyes to see which eyeshadows fits me. I'm not ready for lipstick, I'm just going to stick with lip stains.

I go through phases of what excites me most. For a while it was eyes, but now I'm getting really into lips. I really like doing bright or dark lip colors with simple eyes right now.

Eyes. It's the only part of my makeup that I enjoy doing - the rest of it is to conceal imperfections (for me), but you can have fun with your eye makeup. I don't wear lipstick that often.

I love gloss and eyeshadow.

I also love brushes and lipstick...

I change a little here and there but i've always been a big eyeshadow girl.

Glosses are great since even some great glosses are cheap so that makes them a cheaper guilty habit, lol
wink.gif

I'm now on a shift to lips. A while back I was on an eyeshadow kick. I made 20 different eyeshadow colours, was totally searching for that HG mascara etc. Now I've shifted to lips and getting that perfect colour.

Eyes for sure. I don't feel like I can experiment with lips or cheeks the way I can with my eyes.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Eyes for sure. I don't feel like I can experiment with lips or cheeks the way I can with my eyes. Totally agree! There's so much more you can do with eyes, that's why I love it. And sure, you could try weird colours on your lips like blue or something, but would you really wear it in public? Probably not but you can get away with some pretty out-there eye makeup!

For me it's everything.... the fact that I can totally change my look in a few minutes still amazes me.... (ok maybe more that just a few minutes)

Eyes.

I love eye shadows, but in the last month foundation and laying skin has grown on me. Earlier I thought it was boring.

I also have to say eyes....there is just so much you can do with your eyes. Lately I've also been getting into nails and want to experiment more with designing instead of just polishing them.

Eyes for sure. I have gotten really into mad extreme eye make up lately....like going out at night with leopard print eyeshadow or extreme black eyeliner designs. really into red eyeshadow at the moment.

Also enjoying experimenting with face paint designs at the moment
biggrin.gif

Eyes, definitely. For the longest time, I was scared of colour, but I'm starting to mess around with it and finally realizing how much I can do with my eyes!

I'm also really in to foundations, primers, powders, etc. I used to have really awful, oily, acne-prone skin that nothing short of a miracle could save. I'm nearing the end of my teens, and it's evened itself out and become completely different (yay!), so I'm loving how nice I can get it looking now. Besides, the compliments I get are worth the extra couple minutes I take in my foundation routine!

Definitely eyes. I have huge blue eyes, so I like to experiment with dramatic eye liners and mascaras. Work it if you got it!

Yup, I'm with the "work it if you got it" motto too! I like doing my eyes, and I definitely don't neglect them while doing makeup, but I usually make sure my lips get the most attention, I can hardly go anywhere without my signature bright coral/terracotta lipstick.

I do love experimenting with eye shadow and I love creating new and unexpected looks, but those mostly stay in the bathroom unless I have lots of extra time to get ready --- which I rarely do xD

But what amazes me most is how in a matter of about an hour and a half (I have finicky skin that requires careful coverage : P ) I can transform myself from being plain, unattractive and unremarkable appearance-wise into being glamourous and confident.

Lately it's been lips. I don't often spend much time on eyes anymore, unless I force myself to use something I've been hoarding.

Back