Hot or Not - Chipped Nails

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Content taken from alligator blogs.

4ca63eeb46041.preview-300.jpg

"Fashion designer Amy Smilovic, creator of Tibi, uploaded a photo on Wednesday to her Facebook page. This photo featured her new manicure that she had professionally done for a wedding. However, this was no ordinary manicure. Smilovic requested that her manicurist paint random shapes onto her nails in bright red to give off an effortless chipped look.
Smilovic discussed how she recently saw a couple of fashion magazine editors sporting the look and fell in love with it. She described the look as being effortless and approachable." - Ashley Lara Moses, Alligator Blogger

Source

I have been so ahead of the trend.
biggrin.gif

That is terrible. I can only imagine that she paid to have that done to get people talking about her.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have been so ahead of the trend. Me too...me too!
When I saw chipped nails, I thought of crackle polishes, I didn't think it would literally meant "chipped". It's not approachable if you're wearing this to an interview.

I don't have to TRY to get this look! If you put some dirt under the nails too you'll get the digging yourself out of a grave look, just in time for Halloween
wink.gif

Personally I thnk nails and the overall appearence of hands say a lot about a person; this says "I can't take 5 minutes to remove polish and clean up my nails."

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have been so ahead of the trend.
biggrin.gif
Bwahaha this actually made me LOL
lol.gif

If you are going anywhere that "matters" you should just take your polish off.

That is fowl. I can't stand chipped nail polish. I have a fit when a little bit of mine comes off!

Maybe the fashion magazine editors didn't have time to fill in chips at the time she saw her inspiration. Nonetheless, it's...different.

She sports a chipped look when all these "no chip, lasts for 14 days" polishes spring out!

Originally Posted by azsmylie13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I thnk nails and the overall appearence of hands say a lot about a person; this says "I can't take 5 minutes to remove polish and clean up my nails."

That is SO very true! The overall appearance of ones hands says a lot about the person.

eep!

I'm not gonna lie, chipped nails happened to me before, but unless you are 15 or in a punk band- DON'T.

When my nails are chipped and I forget to remove the polish I spend whole day hiding my nails.

i think it is horrible. i used to use bright polishes and blues and lavenders and hot pink but never would i pay to have my nail done like this. in my opinion her nails are too short to even have a design painted on them. it is gross. she should have stuck with just one color and forget the chipped look. i am like Ngin if i have to go anywhere and i don't have time to do my nails i keep them hidden as much as possible.

Back