10 bad things about revlon colorstay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, the only negative that I've found from revlon colorstay is that it can be hard to get off. Other than that, it's all positives.
It looks like you'd probably have to go with "Ivory" if you have a problem with foundation being too dark.
smile.gif
I've used Ivory, and you can see how pale I am. lol!

thanks, ill have a look at that shade! my problem with colours is i always try the lightest shade of a line because i know the others will be too dark- but then i find the lightest colour is often either too yellow or reddish for me so move a shade down and end up being a bit darker just to get the tone right. it's so annoying!

Well wow. I love my Colorstay! I did notice I was having a hard time removing it all but I started using DHC Cleansing Oil and there's no problem. I've tried others, including high end, and keep coming back to colorstay.

The only down side is that it doesn't have a pump she clearly doesn't know how to apply it or was applying too much.

oh no someone is dissing my Revlon colorstay! oohhh back off!

smile.gif
it will not age skin nor increase pores nor stop your face from sweating.

and so far it has been completely incapable of drying out my oily skin.

i <3 colorstay

it will leave a nice stain on white clothing though, so dont be so sloppy applying it!

Hmm, I have to say I wouldn't rave about it as much as everyone else does but by far it isn't the worst foundation I've ever tried.

I like it, I just don't love it.

It just doesn't seem to work as well for me as it does for other people.

i just noticed it comes in normal/dry and oily/combination? which is the best formula?

i'd say my skin was more dry than oily these days.

Lol, she writes about a bottle of foundation as if it's personally offended her in some way.

I'm more of a naturalista these days, so I'm doing the mineral makeup thing right now. But I used to love Revlon ColorStay, and it was the only foundation that had my shade down pat. No mixing of two different colors required.

I'm thinking about buying another bottle, because it's getting warmer and mineral makeup just doesn't hold up in sweltering heat.

Just make sure to get a nice deep cleanser as well.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by fingers /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just noticed it comes in normal/dry and oily/combination? which is the best formula?
i'd say my skin was more dry than oily these days.

I would go with the normal/dry, then. That's the one that I used.
smile.gif
Both of them contain alcohol to keep oil at bay, the oily/combination just contains more.

I got Colourstay by accident and I love it.I use it when I need a a bit more coverage and mix it with my moisturiser.

Like others have said the only downside is that it doesnt have a pump

I have extremely sensitive/ acne-prone skin and I love my ColorStay foundation. I've been using it with my SK blending sponge and it works perfectly. By the way, makeup shouldn't be making onto her shoes. I think she has more problems than just the foundation.

Originally Posted by ohsoglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have extremely sensitive/ acne-prone skin and I love my ColorStay foundation. I've been using it with my SK blending sponge and it works perfectly. By the way, makeup shouldn't be making onto her shoes. I think she has more problems than just the foundation. lol she totally does!
sleepyhead.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would go with the normal/dry, then. That's the one that I used.
smile.gif
Both of them contain alcohol to keep oil at bay, the oily/combination just contains more. The version for normal/dry doesn't have any alcohol.

I am using the Revlon Colorstay and I have to say that I'm loving it, although I did notice it has dried my skin out so I think I need to switch from Oily/Combo to Normal formula. I was also using Differin so I may have overkilled my skin a little bit. The only downside like other girls have said is there is no pump.

i got it yesterday!!

shaundra i was "buff" not ivory! lol it's a perfect colour match! so far i like it. it is a bit hard to blend but i think as long as you moisturise and/or prime before hand it's not that bigger deal.

I looooove my Colorstay. It's the only foundation that controls my oiliness! Whoever wrote that article must be crazy.

Back