10 Common Hair Myths

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif Myth #3: Switching shampoos can make hair look healthier.
man if i use the same one more than twice it makes my hair look like crap

I need to change shampoo every so often - my har seems to get used to a certain shampoo and eventually it doesnt seem to give it a good clean as much as it used to.

Hair colour does damage hair, if you're going over the same hair over and over. Permanent tints are the worst because they put colour molecules into the cortex (not the medulla) and leave the cuticles raised. If you do it once, and just touch up the roots and take care of your hair it will be fine.

Hair does fall out because of stress/trauma - a major cause of alopecia

Cold water does actually make the hair shinier, simply because the cuticle scales lift when faced with heat ie hotwater, straightening etc. cold water seals the cuticle scales back down making them appear smoother, allowing them to increase more light and appear shinier. After blowdrying you will need to use the cool shot on your hairdryer to seal the cuticle scales down again as the heat will left them a little.

Back