10 cosmetic ingredients to avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for sharing this site and information. I am starting my own homemade personal care product lines and this helps me to know some of the stuff to stay away from!!!

This is great information, but at the end of the say. Absolutely everysingle product we use have these ingredients in them. Its 100% unavoidable. If it lacks this certain bad ingredient, It'll be replaced by another. I've already been through this stage of trying to find great "all natural" beauty products to use. In Shampoos, conditioners, moisturisures, cleansers, toner, makeup, lotions, shower gel. 100% everything has these things in them. The only way to avoid them is to not use ANY beauty product. Unless you make it yourself at home and you know what your putting in it.

I've already looked for a very long time beauty stuff with nothing bad in them and its impossible. There is zero point in trying to work your way around it. The sooner people understand that, the better. Every product WILL have these things in them. You'll have to accept whats in them or not use them. Its 100% unavoidable. :icon_conf

Thanks for this list. It is really hard to find something that does not have toxins in it. The only thing that I could recommend for you is using organic products from fruits, vegetables and other things that you will find at home. They can most likely help you get rid of the toxicity. 

None of these harmful chemicals are in Arbonne products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Arbonne has a very strict ingredient policy because they follow the European health standards. There are many chemicals that are banned in Europe which, unfortunately, the FDA allows. Parabens, synthetic fragrances or dyes, petrolatum, sodium lauryl sulfate, etc.. basically anything harmful is NOT allowed in any product. There is an ingredient list on the website, you can even search ingredients to see if they're in any of the products. I would paste the link here but for some reason my computer likes to stop me from copying and pasting from time to time and right now is one of those times :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(( To see the ingredient list, go to arbonne.ca or arbonne.com, click on company/company information and then on ingredient guide. Hope this helps! 

EWG is an amazing tool for researching your products. I would not recommend listening to what the FDA deems "safe", ever.

Back