2009 Secret Santa Thread!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif how have i missed this thread in the past years? i am totally wanting to do this It's a fun pick me up. I don't exchange gifts with family much and this was so much fun to be able to for someone here. I was so excited to shop for a makeup lover.

Lol Bec and Aprill, think of us as your friendly, neighborhood Secret Santa Nazis!

I have sendt a pm.
biggrin.gif

You guys did an amazing job last year!

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's right, we had a fabulous success rate last year and plan to keep that standard up this year
smile.gif

haha ok I know this might sound really dumb but, do you ever know who your secret santa is?

I mean can you tell them at the end or is it just noone ever knows? lol jw

Yeah you get to know who your secret santa is usually in the card who comes with the gift

I'm participating again this year. It's fun shopping for someone
smile.gif
I just sent a pm. Thanks Bec and Rosie for all your hard work putting this together
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Anjel. /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha ok I know this might sound really dumb but, do you ever know who your secret santa is?I mean can you tell them at the end or is it just noone ever knows? lol jw

Yup
smile.gif
We have a thread where everyone can post their secret santa gifts and reveal who their SS was. It's lots of fun
smile.gif

This sounds like soo much fun!! I have a question though...For international MUT's if our secret santa asks for something that it's only available at the States how can we buy it? I don't know if this makes any sense jaja but its just that for instance is something from Sephora for buying at the site you need a credit card from the US... I am just wondering so if International MUT's can help me here so I know how this can work please! I really want to participate =D

Man this DOES sound like fun! I would love to but I'm not a 'contributing' memeber yet! Someday when I can afford to, I definitely will!

Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif This sounds like soo much fun!! I have a question though...For international MUT's if our secret santa asks for something that it's only available at the States how can we buy it? I don't know if this makes any sense jaja but its just that for instance is something from Sephora for buying at the site you need a credit card from the US... I am just wondering so if International MUT's can help me here so I know how this can work please! I really want to participate =D Of course, you can't, unless you're using a forwarding company. I'm going a bit ahead, but in the wishlist thread each participant is asked to post five items and you are free to pick which one you can get, there's got to be one you can find outside the U.S. Another idea, although i haven't tested it yet, would be to buy the specific item on the online store, and have it shipped directly to your secret santa. Assuming they accept paypal or international credit cards, and Sephora isn't one of those stores
frown.gif

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Of course, you can't, unless you're using a forwarding company. I'm going a bit ahead, but in the wishlist thread each participant is asked to post five items and you are free to pick which one you can get, there's got to be one you can find outside the U.S. Another idea, although i haven't tested it yet, would be to buy the specific item on the online store, and have it shipped directly to your secret santa. Assuming they accept paypal or international credit cards, and Sephora isn't one of those stores
frown.gif

Thanks so much for answering!
laughing.gif

Oh no
frown.gif
I don't think my PM got through to you because I'm too new here. Is there any other way to join in? I have feedback on MUA and on a selling site similar to ebay that's for New Zealanders only (230 100% positive feedback).

Oh excellent
biggrin.gif
had a bit of a panic because I went in to my sent items and nothing was in there! Awesome, thank you
smile.gif

Back