31 Day Challenge / Mani Marathon 2014 (#31DC2014)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Style #13... Animal Print:

For this one I used Zoya Cheryl - what a beautiful rich but cool-skintone-friendly brown (in my mind anyway, due to the red in it) and ILNP Champagne Blush. The latter is maybe atypical for an animal print, wait... what am I saying? I've seen these in hot pink and neon green. The black is LeChat Black Velvet. I used the brush from the bottle for the initial dots, and then a dotting tool for the black parts.
Z Cheryl Cheetah rt.jpgZ Cheryl Cheetah lt.jpg

Style #14... Flowers:

This is with the base of Zoya Normani. I stamped it with a little orchid flower pattern with MdU Old Pink and tried it at the base by the cuticle on one hand and more centred on the other hand. I'm not sure how I like it better.

Normani Orchid rt.jpgNormani Orchid lt.jpg

Style #15... Delicate Print:

For this mani it was time to trim the nails; they were getting a bit long. But I did end up thinking I cut/filed them too short. They'll grow. I used the base of Zoya Carrie Ann, and stamped it with the curlicue image from Bundle Monster 201 with Konad Yellow. Some trouble with positioning the stamp even at this length to get full coverage (my high c-curves give me trouble anyway), but I was pretty happy with my double-stamping to better cover the whole nail. I'll keep practising!

Carrie Ann Curlicues rt1.jpgCarrie Ann Curlicues lt1.jpg

Style #16... Geometric:

For this I have ILNP Sirene (H) as a base. I used Pueen08 with Zoya Carly for stamping the geometric pattern. Here are a bunch of photos at different angles to the light to try to catch the multichrome green purple blue and holo nature of Sirene (H).

Sirene Geometric gr holo lt.jpgSirene geo grn:prp lt2.jpgSirene w Carly P08 grn rt.jpgSirene geo blue lt.jpgSirene geo blue* rt.jpgSirene geo lav rt.jpg

Style #17... Glitter:

For this I used ILNP Cygnus Loop with one glitter per nail (except where there were accidentally two) of OPI I Snow You Love Me. I looked a lot better to the naked eye without camera magnification; I see how much glitter alignment and placement matters to the camera... even the angle of my fingers influences how it appears in the photo. Cygnus Loop looks very different (coppery pink) at directly the opposite angle, but it was hard to photograph to show that angle because my light was coming from the window. The duochrome colours are very well photographed in many blogs, though. I will eventually use the OPI to completely cover a nail; the glitters are very bright, holo, and pretty, and I think it might be a fun disco look for one nail - I haven't found a pic where anyone does that. Some people complain about the consistency of the clear base in that one, but I like it. It's really glossy when it dries, if you spread it all over the nail; but yes, it is thick.
Cygnus Loop rt.jpgCygnus Loop with single glitter lt.jpg

Back