- Feb 17, 2004
- Reaction score
The Cosmetics youâ€™ll want to use time and time again
[Excerpted from May 2004 Town & Country]
A team of well known makeup artists and stylists as well as the beauty editors of Town & Country and other beauty magazines compiled this â€œbest ofâ€ list. The reviewers include Jim Crawford, Mally Roncal, Rebecca Restrepo and Nathaniel Hawkins for Contact; Terri Apanasewicz, Taylor Babaian, Cathy Highland and Joanne Schlip for Cloutier Agency, Kevin Mancuso and Jeannia Robinette for Jed Root; Louis Braun; Karl Giant of Stephen Knoll Salon, NYC: Maury Hopson for Bryan Bantry; Kevin Lee of Manhattanâ€™s Kennethâ€™s Salon; Brian Magaliones for Aartist Loft; Pablo Manzoni; Matthew Monzon for Sarah Laird; Jacqui Phillips.
1. Laura Mercier Foundation. A sure bet for a perfectly polished finish. Itâ€™s especially good for evening. In oil-free and moisturizing formulas.
2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. Elegantly enhances without masking skin.
3. Chanel Vitalumiere Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup SPF 15. Sheer to medium coverage with a dewy satin finish.
4. Diorskin Pure Light Sheer Skin-Lighting Makeup SPF 15. Illuminating and oil-free, for that Iâ€™m-not-wearing-makeup look.
5. Prescriptives custom Blend Foundation. Hand-mixed while you wait, to match your skin tone precisely.
6. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick. Portable and user-friendly, for the girl on the go.
7. Shu Uemura Nobara Cream Foundation. Fade-resistant, with the smooth texture of a liquid and the convenience of a compact.
8. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15. An ingenious product for casual wear- or foundation-phobic.
9. Dermablend Cover CrÃ¨me. Cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists recommend this heavier preparation to post surgical patients.
10. Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. The standout favorite concealer among makeup artists and beauty editors.
11. Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer. This stick is another overwhelmingly popular pick because of its silky consistency and effective coverage.
12. Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage. Classic, and still the best blend-to-match concealer around.
13. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Every purse should hold this totable complexion-brightening pen.
14. Prescriptives Vibrant Vitamin Infuser for Dull, Stressed Skin. The pearlescent finish awakens tired-looking complexions.
15. Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder. Matte, transparent and oil-controlling. And everyone loves its big mirror.
16. Shu Uemura Loose Face powder. A satin texture with a sheer or matte finish.
17. T. LeClerc Loose Powder. These pastel tints can even out skin tone or extend summer tans.
18. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. Makes achieving matte skin a breeze.
19. M.A.C. Blot Powder. Shine control without noticeable color or texture.
20. Dior Eyeliner Pencil. Smooth application sensational colors, long-wearing.
21. Clinique Quick Eyes. A slick eyeliner with a matching eye shadow stored in the pencilâ€™s cap.
22. Sue Devitt Studio Eye Intensifier Pencil. Velvety consistency and dramatic smudge-proof color in a chubby pencil.
23. Dior 5-Colour eyeshadow. The makeup artistsâ€™ favorite for versatility, with five coordinating hues in one compact.
24. Trish McEvoy Shapers, definers and Glazes. Highly pigmented eye shadows to line, define and accent.
25. Stila Eye Shadow. The Kitten shade is still divine, as are all the shimmery hues.
26. Trish McEvoy Finish Line. A single drop converts powdered eye shadow into a long-lasting eyeliner.
27. Bobbi Brown Mahogany Eye Shadow. Doubles as a filler for black and brown brows.
28. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pencil. Developed by the brow guru to the stars, this is the perfect filler.
29. Eliza Tinted Brow Shaper. Tame them with tinted gel from arch-maestro Eliza Petrescu.
30. Prescriptives False Eyelashes Mascara. Gives incredible volume, length and va-voom to lashes and wears all day without smudging.
31. Lancome Definicils Waterproof Mascara. Unbeatable lengthening, separating and defining.
32. Maybelline Full & Soft Mascara. Keeps lashes supple and flexible as it lengthens them.
33. Lancome Bi-Faci Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover. The unanimous choice for removing waterproof or regular mascara without stinging or oiliness.
https://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/hhstar2.gifBEST'>https://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/hhstar2.gifBEST MAKEUP FOR CHEEKShttps://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/hhstar2.gif
34. NARS Blush in Orgasm. In spite of its X-rated name, this golden-peach hue gets an A+.
35. M.A.C. Powder Blush in Margin. This M.A.C. staple is best on peachy skin tones.
36. YSL Touche Blush. Application is clean and sure with this clever sponge-topped pot.
37. Stila Convertible Color. Compact and chic, this cream does double duty on lips and cheeks.
38. Bobbi Brown Cream Blush Stick. Leaves a soft, dewy finish on cheeks, without greasiness.
39. Clinique Gel Blush. A natural-looking wash of translucent color thatâ€™s fade-proof.
40. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder. Twenty years old and still the best bronzer around.
41. NARS The Multiple. Versatile cream-to-powder color for eyes and cheeks. We especially like the South Beach and Copacabana tones.
https://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/hhstar2.gifBEST MAKEUP FOR LIPShttps://www.makeuptalk.com/editor_files/editor_images/hhstar2.gif
42. Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Color. Hues that say, â€œI was born with lips this beautiful.â€ (oh brother)
43. Lorac Lipstick. The original celebrity brand, with colors that take drama to new levels.
44. Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick. For high shine and notice-me shades.
45. Cle de Peau Beaute Lipstick in # 51. A multidimensional translucent brown thatâ€™s sensual and elegant.
46. Chanel Hydrabase Lipstick in coco Red. A scarlet worthy of bearing Coco Chanelâ€™s name.
47. M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Spice. Still the iconic color for lining or filling in your pout.
48. La Prairie Luxe Lip Liner in Nude. Features a lip brush on one end and a refillable color cartridge on the other.
49. Kiehlâ€™s Lip Gloss in Golden Berry. The prettiest sheer cherry wash.
50. Lancome Juicy Tubes Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss. Beautiful, wet-looking color in â€œjuicyâ€ seasonal shades.
51. Chanel Glossimer. Its gel texture gives lips an ultra glossy shine.
52. Origins Lip Gloss in Sheer Fig. Never feels sticky and your lips always look luscious.
53. Chantecaille Lip Gloss. Lip gloss for ladies- sophisticated hues in a stylish silver compact.
54. Kiehlâ€™s Lip Balm # 1. Still the quintessential chapped-lip soother.
55. Smithâ€™s Rosebud Salve. At 112 years old, it has a devoted following among makeup artists and civilians alike.
56. NARS Artist Palette. Travel-friendly combinations in subtle colors- all you need.
More to come! Find out about top rated hair products soon!