A good drugstore taupe eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Permanent Taupe" is absolutely identical to the Inglot one you like.

I have it, it's a gel-cream eyeshadow though, I don't know how you'd feel about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by ItalianDream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Permanent Taupe" is absolutely identical to the Inglot one you like.

I have it, it's a gel-cream eyeshadow though, I don't know how you'd feel about it.

Hey there! Thanks for the tip! Hehe, I had to look it up, and apparently in the U.S. it's called 'Tough as Taupe' but they're the same color. Interesting!

Well, unfortunately for me Maybelline isn't cruelty-free so I'm still on the hunt, but I bet a lot of other people will like this option!

Definitely Wet n Wild Nutty. Everything about it is amazing. But it's a frosty shadow. Did you want matte, shimmer, frost or...?? I've got another one by Joe Fresh, a matte shade called Smoke. It's a really nice, slightly grey-mauve-taupe. Very pigmented, blends like a dream. Picked it up last week for $1.94 in a sale bin. Normal price for their shadow singles is $4 for 1 or $10 for 3. They're very good, actually. Not to mention affordable. But I don't think that this brand is available outside of Canada. Although you won't find it in a drugstore, you could also try Kryolan. Their shadows come in huge pans compared to most brands, they are very affordable at about $8 or so where I live (even cheaper in the US), they come in many shades, and are pretty amazing. I have some of their stuff & love it. Just find somebody who's selling their stuff online, or maybe a makeup supply store near you carries their products & can order a specific shade in for you. That's how I get my Kryolan products. I believe CRC still sells some of their stuff as well. Another option is Makeup Geek eyeshadows, but also not in drugstores. Worth a look, however. Swatches of all her eye products are on her website, which helps when choosing. They're $5.99 for single pans (like MAC's), no compact, or $7.99 for a single compact. A lot of her eye products are very good. I've got quite a few of her eyeshadows and really like most of them. I can't think of one in my collection that's taupe, though. I do have Moondust, but it isn't what I would consider 'taupe'. Take a look at her website. You might disagree with me :) Many people disagree as to what 'taupe' actually is. It's crazy how many variations there are with just this one neutral shade....greyish taupes, brownish taupes, mauve-ish taupes, purple-ish taupes....and of course the finish changes that too, whether matte, shimmer, metallic, frost, duochrome, or satin. Good luck :)

You can wear it all over the lid by itself, in the crease to darken up an everyday look, or above the crease as a transition color if you're doing a smokey eye. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back