A problem with Fyrinnae.... (long!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it's not a problem with Fyrinnae per se....

I ordered some samples from Fyrinnae recently, and some of them were wonderful - the eyeshadows are amazing! - and I found my perfect foundation match (HG! HG!) in Moonstone (yay right!)....

BUT...the foundation's formula is really annoying me. I have samples in Super Power Matte and regular Sheen, and they look wonderful going on, but within a few minutes it starts to look like it's the end of the day and my nose is oily and it's cakes up into lines I swear I don't have (lol) etc etc, and my pores on my nose look huge!

I also ordered samples of their rice powder primer and both mineral finishes (clear and oil control) and I'm going insane because I've tried every combination and order of applying primer, foundation, finisher, and have tried with a kabuki, flat top buffer and even cotton balls!

But still it's ruined after about 5 minutes.

I'm persevering because the colour is amazing and Fyrinnae isn't expensive at all and I love the eyeshadows etc, but ARGH! I'm so frustrated.

I don't know if it has something to do with kaolin? The Super Power and the Oil Control Mineral Finish have kaolin in them, although the regular foundation and the clear finish don't. I bought some straight kaolin clay powder a while ago after reading a thread on here saying to mix it into your MMU for extra oil control, that it was wonderful etc, so I got some but it actually made me oiler, like the clay was mixing with my oil and making a kind of paste or something on my skin, and I tried many amounts etc. Maybe it aggravated my skin to produce more oil?

I've even tried cornstarch baby powder *sigh*

There's something called water-dispersible titanium dioxide which is supposed to (I think, according to TKB) help with the oilies, but I can't figure out whether it's my skin, if my sunscreen is too oily, if I'm not doing something right....

ANY help would be so appreciated, because I love love love the colour, I'll try anything to make the formula work for me! Maybe I need to try more combinations.

Sorry so long!
biggrin.gif

It may be the higher Zinc oxide content (vs titanum dioxide) in F's foundation. However, since custom formulations for shade are an option, we don't mind tinkering with the ingredient amounts. If you'd like to send an email, the owner would be more than happy to replace your samples.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hsve you tried it with a non-mineral primer? No I haven't - I don't have a non-mineral primer, I don't really know what to look for. A lot of the primers people recommend, such as Smashbox and Urban Decay aren't available here, except online for ridiculous amounts of $$.

Originally Posted by dizzy_lizzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif maybe mix with a moisturizer (or a liquid primer to make it more lasting) to make a TM This is a good idea too, except I need super super high SPF (like 45 or above) because in NZ the UV is insane, plus I'm super pale plus meds I'm on make the sun sensitivity worse. This would be a good idea for night time though. What I really need is a solution for day time!

Originally Posted by Jiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif It may be the higher Zinc oxide content (vs titanum dioxide) in F's foundation. However, since custom formulations for shade are an option, we don't mind tinkering with the ingredient amounts. If you'd like to send an email, the owner would be more than happy to replace your samples.
smile.gif
Do you work for Fyrinnae? Having a custom one made for me would be wonderful, but that would mean buying a full size without being able to test it first right, and I wouldn't want someone to make a whole batch for me and then me only buy a sample!
Does zinc oxide make it oiler/affect wear? I feel like I'm going crazy because in all the reviews I've read people are raving about the foundations (all formulae), the primer, FP etc. And they say that wear is wonderful and it's matte all day and I'm like "what???" haha I think I might just have bad skin chemistry or something. I don't have super-oily skin at all, just a small amount on my T-Zone.

So I don't know. Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jobunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you work for Fyrinnae? Having a custom one made for me would be wonderful, but that would mean buying a full size without being able to test it first right, and I wouldn't want someone to make a whole batch for me and then me only buy a sample!

Does zinc oxide make it oiler/affect wear? I feel like I'm going crazy because in all the reviews I've read people are raving about the foundations (all formulae), the primer, FP etc. And they say that wear is wonderful and it's matte all day and I'm like "what???" haha I think I might just have bad skin chemistry or something. I don't have super-oily skin at all, just a small amount on my T-Zone.

Hi! Yes I do (the owner is my b/f), but that's what I meant about replacing your samples. We'd be more than happy to send you a couple new ones to see if they work, then you could order a full size later if you wanted. I've not heard anything yet about zinc content being a factor in creasing/oil production, but you never know since everyone's skin is different.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi! Yes I do (the owner is my b/f), but that's what I meant about replacing your samples. We'd be more than happy to send you a couple new ones to see if they work, then you could order a full size later if you wanted. I've not heard anything yet about zinc content being a factor in creasing/oil production, but you never know since everyone's skin is different.
smile.gif
Oh that's so nice! I just found another thread (I should have searched harder lol) where someone had the exact same problem as me (except she explained it better!).
Thank you so much for the offer, I think I might try Meow and Lumiere next, and am also going to be stockpiling raw ingredients so I can make my own MMU (yay!), which means I will be able to tell pretty quickly which ingredients work for my skin and which don't.

I have purchased e/s from Fyrinnae before, and will continue to do so - I LOVE 'Leif' I think it's called, and "Rapunzel Had Extensions" is one of my HGs! I need to buy full sizes of that one to gift to people haha!

Thanks again for your help
smile.gif
love MuT!

Latest posts

Back