A quick comparison of MMU prices...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great chart! Way to go!

If you want to add Aubrey Nicole their price is $12.00 for 30g.

Wow, that's so helpful to see! Thanks so much for taking the time to do that for everyone!

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks, this is great! Affordable MMU is the least affordable? Wow
kopfkratz.gif
Ha! I was thinking that same thing. lol

Yup, Aubrey Nicole was one of the first on my list, I just needed a reply from them (which was super quick) about the net weight of their product.
biggrin.gif
It's on there now, and everyone feel free to let me know of any companies you'd like to see added, or if you see any mistakes, because that's definitely possible.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by donthate /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yup, Aubrey Nicole was one of the first on my list, I just needed a reply from them (which was super quick) about the net weight of their product.
biggrin.gif
It's on there now, and everyone feel free to let me know of any companies you'd like to see added, or if you see any mistakes, because that's definitely possible.
biggrin.gif
Thanks again for the price list. It's great!
I have a question. Aubrey Nicole is listed as 9.5 grams @ $12.00 on the list. On their website it states "Full 30 gram jar" on the foundations. What is the actual net weight? Did they say why 30 grams is on the website?

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks again for the price list. It's great!
I have a question. Aubrey Nicole is listed as 9.5 grams @ $12.00 on the list. On their website it states "Full 30 gram jar" on the foundations. What is the actual net weight? Did they say why 30 grams is on the website?

Hi, a lot of mineral websites use a "30 gram jar" but the amount of product inside is not actually equal to 30 grams (as in the mass) of product. Usually a 30 gram jar holds from 8-12 grams of product and for example the 5 gram jars hold maybe 1-2 grams (yeah, not proportional either). Some sites do list "10 grams of product in 30 gram jar" or similar but a lot don't, so I contacted them to ask about the net weight of product. I did the list by weight instead of volume because some companies don't fill their jars to the top. Hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by donthate /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yup, Aubrey Nicole was one of the first on my list, I just needed a reply from them (which was super quick) about the net weight of their product.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Great list! My 30g jar of AN foundation says 9.9g on the bottom for net wt and my finishing powder says 11.1g (I think). So I guess it depends on the weight of the powder? But I look at some of the other companies that are listing 13g or better (some at 18g) and wonder how the heck they could fit that much in the same size 30g jar? My AN 30g jar is packed solid!

Originally Posted by AverysMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif Great list! My 30g jar of AN foundation says 9.9g on the bottom for net wt and my finishing powder says 11.1g (I think). So I guess it depends on the weight of the powder? But I look at some of the other companies that are listing 13g or better (some at 18g) and wonder how the heck they could fit that much in the same size 30g jar? My AN 30g jar is packed solid! It depends upon their formula. Some minerals are really heavy and don't take up as much space as others so they can fit 13 grams in a jar. I haven't seen any 18 gram ones, but those must be high in titanium dioxide because that's about the heaviest mineral used. Iron oxides are pretty heavy as well, so some darker colors will be heavier than others.

Originally Posted by oceanmist /img/forum/go_quote.gif It depends upon their formula. Some minerals are really heavy and don't take up as much space as others so they can fit 13 grams in a jar. I haven't seen any 18 gram ones, but those must be high in titanium dioxide because that's about the heaviest mineral used. Iron oxides are pretty heavy as well, so some darker colors will be heavier than others. Thanks for the explanation. So if a jar says 13g or 18g, it is a heavier powder your getting, not necessarily more product? That's good to know - my jars are packed full and smashed down by the sifter, so I'm happy I have a full jar and net wt doesn't really matter!

Originally Posted by AverysMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the explanation. So if a jar says 13g or 18g, it is a heavier powder your getting, not necessarily more product? That's good to know - my jars are packed full and smashed down by the sifter, so I'm happy I have a full jar and net wt doesn't really matter! Well no, Fyrinnae's jars of foundation are at least 18 grams in weight (the Superpower is closer to 20) because of the way the jars are filled. The product is tapped down after each "scoop" to settle the powder, and filled until each one cannot possibly hold any more, then more is poured on top of the sifter.
smile.gif

WOW! Thank you so much for the chart...I really needed that. And thanks to all the ladies who posted about how the various MMU companies pack their jars. This stuff is worth it's weight in gold and every little bit of mineral powder counts.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back