Abs boredom - HELP!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't work out a lot, but it's not exactly because I'm lazy - it's because I can't seem to find a routine that really "fits" me... especially in the abs department. I have a really hard time doing the traditional crunches, sit ups, etc. because I lose motivation easily when I'm focusing just on doing the exercise/working the muscle. I wish I could find something with a different focus, but that gives a great abs workout as a bonus... like an activity of some sort. Dance workouts intrigue me, but most of them seem to me to be standing variations of crunches, etc. set to music w/ a few other movements thrown in for flow. I've also tried swiss ball varieties and Pilates, which kind of help. I'm curious about the book Capoeira Conditioning by Taylor, because capoeira seems pretty fun to me...

Basically I need something fun that really works my abs, but makes me forget that that's what I'm doing. Any suggestions????

Thanks for the martial arts suggestion - it's definitely something I want to get into, but so far have only tried TaeBo, which, eh... I think I'd like to take actual classes, unless you can recommend a good dvd? Classes require free time in one's schedule, and working full time as well as being a full time student, free time is something I don't have a lot of! :sleepyhead: You may be right about the capoeira keeping my interest... I think I'll check it out.

Any other ideas, anybody? I'm always looking for new stuff!...

Ooo... that's a good idea. I'll definitely look into the Cathe Friedrich vids too - thanks again!!

hmmmm....I'm trying to think of something that would be just as effective as crunches, but I can't think of anything. I personally do bicycle crunches 2 -3 times a week. A lot of ppl have misconceptions about abs and think they have to do 100+ crunches to get a good work out. But they are like any other muscle group so 3 sets of 10 a few times a week are adequate.

But if I had to choose outside of crunches/situps, I would go with Billy Blanks Flex video....anything video that focuses on the core really.

Oh, and hanging leg raises work them really well too... =)

Back