Adult Acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been checking out the acne.org site? (Don't wanna get in trouble for posting links and all) I was just looking at it the other day and was surprised about some of the things they mentioned. I'm only in my late twenties, but my skin has changed already and when I do get flare ups, they're much worse than when I was a teen(really clear skin). I'm concerned because while I break out and it can be really painful, I still have some crazy dry patches on my face, as well..

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been checking out the acne.org site? (Don't wanna get in trouble for posting links and all) I was just looking at it the other day and was surprised about some of the things they mentioned. I'm only in my late twenties, but my skin has changed already and when I do get flare ups, they're much worse than when I was a teen(really clear skin). I'm concerned because while I break out and it can be really painful, I still have some crazy dry patches on my face, as well..
It's crazy how much your skin can change from when you were a teenager to your twenties. I thought that I just hadn't found the right stuff to use to take care of breakouts over recent months, but nope! Turns out it's hormonal. Hormones all out of whack, and I'm only 23 lol. 

I know! I'm 26 now and my skin is just driving me nuttos, especially right before/after my period..that leaves a 2-3 week time frame for relatively clear skin, with the occasional pimple. But during that bad time, my acne will be cystic, deep and angry red..o and painful! Wish it would clear up completely!

Quote: Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's crazy how much your skin can change from when you were a teenager to your twenties. I thought that I just hadn't found the right stuff to use to take care of breakouts over recent months, but nope! Turns out it's hormonal. Hormones all out of whack, and I'm only 23 lol. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know! I'm 27 now and my skin is just driving me nuttos, especially right before/after my period..that leaves a 2-3 week time frame for relatively clear skin, with the occasional pimple. But during that bad time, my acne will be cystic, deep and angry red..o and painful! Wish it would clear up completely!
Oh my gosh...periods. We're not even gonna go there. let's just say I look like the before in a Proactiv commercial. 

Lol.. too funny! Speaking of ProActiv, I've gotten such mixed reviews. Many seem to say that breakouts get worse when they switch back to normal cleansers, so I've never tried that brand.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried dermalogica? A good friend of mine has TERRIBLE acne, primarily on her cheeks and jaw line, so I convinced her to try this set and her skin looks so much better now. She also started exfoliating more often and things cleared up. I would definitely try to find the right adult acne set for you, but imo, the dermalogica one is a good place to start. 
Dermalogica is wonderful! I am not big on dermatologists at all, I went to school for esthetics and while I now work in healthcare, I still go see one of my classmates regularly for facials and she used to work in a derm's office. I am not making a sweeping statement, just what she experienced and my own experience with derms...they seem to prescribe things you may not need and/or that will fix one condition but start another. I always think eating well like Fairest of all said, and using quality products on my face is the best way to go. I'm sure there are great derms out there who work with their patients on that level as well (if you know one please send me there....lol). I am currently trying Juice Beauty's organics to clear skin kit (It was around $39 I think?) and I love it! I had used Dermalogica's kit for acneic/oily skin in the past, but for some stupid reason I saw some bioelements cleanser on sale and HAD to buy it because it was "such a good deal" and it ended up messing with my skin that I had worked so hard to get cleared up. So I decided to try something new since juice beauty uses organic ingredients and I try to eat more healthy, natural and organic, I figured putting the same things on my skin would help. I am still purging a little bit from using a new system, but besides the few small blemishes the rest of face is clear and glowy. I do still love Dermalogica's powder exfoliant and matte clearing gel, so I am mixing a bit with no bad results. Wow! Sorry this is so long, I just feel your pain (although I'm in my mid 20s) and wanted to give my experience :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Another great thing about Dermalogica and Juice Beauty is that even though they are expensive, they are very potent and a little product goes a long way

Back