African Americans in the news.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do they keep less track of African American crimes on the news. I feel as though whenever someone who isnt african american gets kidnapped, etc. You here soooooooo much about it. But on my local news, Three black women went missing. All in the same month, and They talked about it for about 3 minutes until they cut it short and focused on a sports segment. They dont keep track of it at all. Unless the person dies, and thats the last time you here about it. IF they show that. So your left guessing, "did they ever show what happened with that girl/woman that went missing last week?"

Do you think the discriminate against african americans on the news? Or maybe its not about race, but about who has enough money to pay the stations to keep the info about the kidnapping out to the public.

Do you all know what am i talking about or have a drank too much?

That's sad that your news stations didn't do much coverage of those missing ladies. I'd hate to think it was about discrimination....it may be a money thing?

I wasnt going to say shit..but you know what? not saying shit would be a handshake to the treatment AA's get in the news. yesterday I made the mistake of watching the news again after about 4 months of restraint. I was thoroughly disappointed. When AAs where showed in the news its was either the crimes they committed OR someone who just got shot dead. Yet, there are so many AA children, women who have gone missing, who deserve some media coverage, who yearn for someone to say "oh yeah, we care, lets see if people have seen you around" but no one has. I dont know if anyone remembers the case of the Lady who was raped and beaten by a group of white people...What ever happened to that?..I mean...was the case dropped? Maybe i didnt follow it too closely..or maybe the media decided the case was irrelevant after a few days..compared to other persons...we wouldnt hear the end of it. Compare that case with the duke Lacrosse case...Gosh...yeah, it got coverage..but was it really as relevant as we made it?

No one wants to face what happens in the media..I am not one to play the race card..never have been..but sometimes, there are things you just cannot turn a blind eye to.

Well its not just AA's its alot of other ethnicities who get shut out. I hardly ever see Asian people on the news unless there store was robbed. The news is something i take with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well its not just AA's its alot of other ethnicities who get shut out. I hardly ever see Asian people on the news unless there store was robbed. The news is something i take with a grain of salt.
You know what, your so right, and that was part of my selfish ignorance for not noticing that. It seems like alot of ethnic groups and minorities dont get acknowledged. So yes, it is races besides african american.

Originally Posted by Insensitive. /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know what, your so right, and that was part of my selfish ignorance for not noticing that. It seems like alot of ethnic groups and minorities dont get acknowledged. So yes, it is races besides african american. exactly.
how about albanians? we're white and we're never in the news unless there's a murder or something. we ALWAYS get "bad press", but who cares? even during the war, we were hardly on and no one even knew where kosovo was and THOUSANDS of people were getting killed every day.

no matter what, you can't win. in general. everyone's gonna be pissed off about SOMETHING. not even worth talking about it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif no comment.
Why no comment?

You can be as honest and as truthful as you wish.

You never know, someone probably agrees with what you have to say.

Ooops. Sorry jennifer.

Hadnt see your post yet.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wasnt going to say shit..but you know what? not saying shit would be a handshake to the treatment AA's get in the news. yesterday I made the mistake of watching the news again after about 4 months of restraint. I was thoroughly disappointed. When AAs where showed in the news its was either the crimes they committed OR someone who just got shot dead. Yet, there are so many AA children, women who have gone missing, who deserve some media coverage, who yearn for someone to say "oh yeah, we care, lets see if people have seen you around" but no one has. I dont know if anyone remembers the case of the Lady who was raped and beaten by a group of white people...What ever happened to that?..I mean...was the case dropped? Maybe i didnt follow it too closely..or maybe the media decided the case was irrelevant after a few days..compared to other persons...we wouldnt hear the end of it. Compare that case with the duke Lacrosse case...Gosh...yeah, it got coverage..but was it really as relevant as we made it?
No one wants to face what happens in the media..I am not one to play the race card..never have been..but sometimes, there are things you just cannot turn a blind eye to.

Big ass co-sign! 

I think this will explain it.

Latest posts

Back