Ali Larter: 'I'll Always Be a Jersey Girl' & on the cover of Cosmo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ali_larter180.jpg
ali_larter1180.jpg

Ali Larter may play a heroine on television – but she's also just as bold in real life.

The New Jersey native, 31, has no qualms about speaking her mind when it comes to men, diet or how she stays fit in Hollywood.

"I told my boyfriend after three weeks that I wanted to marry him and that we could do it tomorrow," Larter tells Cosmopolitan in its October issue.

And while such a pronouncement might scare off some men, the Heroes star and her boyfriend – actor Hayes MacArthur (who appears in the upcoming film The Game Plan) – have been steadily dating for two years.

"Now that I'm actually in love, I know that what came before wasn't real," she says. "It's about being there for each other through the ups and downs of life."

In terms of the future, she says, "I do want to get engaged and married ... and I look forward to that time when I'm home with babies."

Another issue where Larter is equally brazen: Her approach to diet, especially given Hollywood's rigid standards for female stars. "I love wine, bread and cheese," she says in the interview. "I just have to cut out the bread sometimes."

Larter, who characterizes her approach to food as being "just like every other girl," explains that it's all about moderation and balance. "Last night, I drank some merlot and made potatoes au gratin with a rib-eye steak," she says. "It was amazing. I hope to always find that balance."

Her sense of moderation also translates into her exercise regimen. Put simply, Larter tells the magazine, "I don't want exercising to take over my life completely." So to stay fit, she takes runs and hikes with her dogs.

For Larter, her approach to life – and her attitude – stem from growing up on the East Coast and nurturing a career largely outside of the Hollywood system.

"I'll always be a Jersey girl," she says. "I don't always get my way, but you'll know exactly how I feel about it."

She used to bug me before but now she has grown on me.

I've never had an issue with her, but never paid a lot of attention to her either. Good to know she doesn't starve herself though!

Latest posts

Back