All she wanted was a mixer and cookbook.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister asked for a mixer and cookbook from my dad and step-mom. I never ask for anything. We each got $100. My dad gave my step-mom a $1400 ring. He paid cash for it.

My sister was so bummed that she didn't get the mixer and cookbook. I am about ready to go to the store and buy it for her. She is 23, yes, grown.

How hard could have been to buy her a mixer and cookbook. Dad doesn't act like he cares about us. He never lets it show in any way. Our step-mom gets anything and everything she wants.

My sister and I helped him open the business and I now run the place. I make him money. Lots of money. My sister still work for us and she tends to it while my dad and I are not there.

Yes, I am venting here bc I don't want to let my dad or step-mom know that my sister feels bad about this. I am thankful that I can get the $$. Our mom gave us $100 and I couldn't belive it bc she really doesn't make alot of $$.

Any recs for a mixer?
smile.gif

that is really sweet of you.

It really pisses me off when parents act like that. It's not like she wanted something really expensive either.

I would be frankly tempted to pull my interest out of the business if I didn't feel I was recieving the amount of appreciation I deserved. I know it's juvenile but I have never felt that my family should recieve any more devotion than anyone else just because they're my family - my parents and sister have earnt my devotion and affection - which is what makes our close relationship even more special.

I know I'm lucky in that sense but it still really annoys me when I see sweet people get ripped off because their parents are *******s.

soap.gif
I'll hop off my soapbox now. sorry that you were disappointed. I hope your sister gets the best mixer and cookbook ever
hug.gif

If they gave you both $100, that is pretty generous! Why doesn't she just buy her own with that money??

Hamilton Beech makes one similar to a Kitchen-Aid, and it's about $70-$80. As for cookbooks, go for Giada de Laurentiis, Paula Deen, Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Rachael Ray, and Betty Crocker. Oh, Fannie Farmer too!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hamilton Beech makes one similar to a Kitchen-Aid, and it's about $70-$80. As for cookbooks, go for Giada de Laurentiis, Paula Deen, Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Rachael Ray, and Betty Crocker. Oh, Fannie Farmer too! The goddesses of the Food Network! <3
I love Paula Deen. And I think Giada de Laurentis is sooooo pretty. You cant go wrong with any of these. (Although Im getting too over exposed to Rachel Ray)

I know that you guys getting $100 is generous. But I think the thought into putting the effort into getting a person something they like is much better. Especially if you all knew what she wanted.

that's what I think too Saje. It doesn't take much effort to withdraw money and hand it to someone. Picking a gift they'd really like takes much more effort and thought

the best ones i know are those awsome kitchen aid ones.

i want one and i dont cook or anything.

but theyre so darn cool (and like $200-something) in tons of colors (i'd want the aqua blue so its all like 50s looking).

frown.gif
just getting money is like people didn't put much effort into it, especially when people have simple needs such as cookbook and mixer. i don't know if you can have those brands as they're french, but Moulinex, Philips or Seb have affordable mixers. though i'd love to have a kitchen aid too
smile.gif

Okay throwing money at somebody(not saying he physically did for those of you who'd jump on that) doesn't equate to putting EFFORT and THOUGHT into gettin them a gift.

A gift is more PERSONAL. That's why she feels bad even tho she got money.

I think you opting to get them for her is a really sweet move, and what being a sister is really about!

Kudos to you!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not good at rec's either, but my granny favored Black and Decker over all else, or was that Oster??? I'm not sure, lol.

Latest posts

Back