Allergic to MAC eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just bought MAC's Mylar eyeshadow and wearing it right now to see if i'm allergic to it or not. so far so good. to the people who are allergic to MAC's eyeshadows: when do your eyes get puffy? eyeshadow contact with lid or within a few hours?

That's too bad if you are allergic especially to make eyeshadows cause they are one of the best, and the best colors.

I meant the MAC eyeshadows. You miss out on their great shadows, but I'm sure you can try to match colors with another brand.

I take it off at night and they're a little itchy and red, then when I get up in the morning they're sooo puffy. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My eyes are itchy and overnight they get really bad. I look like i lost a fight. lol

I've had an allergic reaction to some MAC colors. Mostly the reddish purple eyeshadows. They caused a lot of irritation and even a small sty on my eyelid. I just steer clear of colors with that pigment in them.

Yes I am so allergic to Mac eyeshadow & I am amazed as I have never had an alergic reaction to anything ever.

My eyes get full of gunk & very red & irritated, I also get a severe headache. 

I'm not, but I'm shocked considering how many people are.  Typically I'm allergic to everything!  

I'm severely allergic to Bare Minerals--is anyone else?

I don't know about Mac but I'm definitely allergic to Revlon's eyeshadows or atleast was once upon a time.  It was awful.  I'm scared to try other Revlon products other than nail polish b/c of it..

I don't get puffiness but my eyes do get extremely itchy. I was despondent about it for awhile but then I found Inglot (which I think are better anyhoo).  I still have one MAC eyeshadow but it's a LE Mineralize and it's never given me issues. I haven't had issues with my paint pots either.

I just started using some MAC eyeshadows and have discovered I am allergic to them. I have never been allergic to any kind of make up before. My eyes get puffy and if I left it on my skin actually started to peel and become very raw. It's painful! The puffiness seems to go away overnight, the peeling sore skin lasted for a few days! Needless to say I won't be using MAC make up anymore. Wish I hadn't spent 100$ on it. I wonder what the ingredients are that are causing so many people grief, can't be very good for you.

I never knew that allergies to MAC eyeshadow were so common! Sounds like there are some harsh ingredients in their formula. I've used some MAC products but have never tried their eyeshadows - I don't think I will in the future.

I have used Mac first time and wore 3 hours. Next day I had very very puffy eyes and irritation and super rush all over the body. I couldn't sleep at nights because of the irritation. It is my fith day and now eyes have become itchy and watering. The redish/brown circuls are around the eyes as well. I got better but 7-8 days for allergy is kinda a lot.I have nothing against MAC but I do not understand how girls want to come back to eyeshadows that have caused them so much troubles...just try other brands on the market as there are lots of options. 

I also had an allergic reaction to Mac eyeshadow. In the first incident I had bilateral swelling all the way down my teartroughs and in the upper eyelids, redness, itching, and generally felt terrible. The second time, about 2 weeks later when the same eyeshadow was applied the allergic reaction was more severe. I wrote the company to make them aware of this issue. I recommend that anybody that experiences any kind of discomfort with any makeup discontinu immediately. Allergic reactions generally become more severe with repeated exposures. It's your body's way of telling you that this chemical substance or whatever is not good for you

Back