Allure Beauty Thrills May 2016 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone's box shipped yet?  This is my first Beauty Thrills box and I didn't realize it took so long!

@@Shauna999 - that's very sweet.  I hope that Allure steps up the game for all of us in boxes 2 & 3.  It's always nice to get boxes in the mail so I don't complain too much when they hit the door.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone received this box yet? I've been purchasing since the beginning and renewed the yearly subscription this year. 1st they tried to double dip with the duplicate billing, then I never received a shipping notice so I emailed them and was given "my" tracking number. It was for a box delivered last week to Rhode Island. I live in NY. I'm waiting to hear a reply. I too have buyers remorse this time around.

I received tracking the other day but didn't know it was for this box.  The email stated it was for the Beauty Box.  And it was shipped USPS vs. the normal UPS which I thought was strange until I got the box today.  The box is very, very light compared to past boxes.  

I was very surprised.

:(i rec'd mine today. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been purchasing these for about 5 years so I jumped on the pre-sell. 

I didn't see the list of products until this was posted for sale and I was worried when I saw how short the product list was. And what the products were.

I was right to be concerned. 

I am very disappointed - box is the same size but it's just barely half full.

this used to weigh 13 lbs. and now it's about 5 lbs.   so we paid the same for half the amount.  and with 3 exceptions these are all mass market products.  At least I can use most of them and use the leftovers for holiday gift bags for my nieces.   doubt I will buy this again unless the next 2 boxes show improvement.

I didn't think anything would disappoint me more that the near demise of the Allure free stuff giveaway but this beats that.   guess the new management at Allure doesn't like giving deals to subscribers.

I got my shipping notification on the 11th. It's been stagnant at "Pre-Shipment notification sent to USPS" since the 12th. Still awaiting the package itself, since it was last at a location about an hour away. More of a post office/UPS issue rather than an Allure issue. We've had lots of issues with our postal service. My box is probably delivered to someone across town  <_<

I agree w/ @@wordsone this is one of their weaker boxes. Not only are there less items, the sizes of some of the products are pretty small. Not my fav of the Allure boxes at all. But as always, there are a bunch of useful items that I will use up...and probably quicker this time around since they are smaller!

On the plus side I was pleasantly surprised by the Sonia Kashuk make up bag...it's much nicer than I expected. 

Signed up for all 3 boxes out of FOMO since I was bummed to miss last Fall's. Here I get an email today saying the current box is still for sale!!! Hard to miss out on this box. Lol. I hope the next 2 are better.

Soooo my box came yesterday.  I was excited about the Sonia Kashuk bag and annoyed that we only got two hair ties.  I pulled off the layer of bubble wrap, stuck my hand in to grab the next item and

ICK!!!!

Purple goo EVERYWHERE.  I mean, EVERYWHERE.  I tossed my box aside and started washing it off my purse, my sleeve, and my wrist, because this stuff is apparently magical and jumped out of the box and all over my person.

Allure was great about it; I would have been okay with a partial refund to replace the things that were ruined but they are sending me a whole new box.  Which I guess is a luxury they have since apparently they have a million of these and no one wants them?

Other than the one layer of bubble wrap separating the makeup bag and hair ties from the rest of the products, my box didn't appear to have any extra packaging, and none of the items were taped closed like they usually are.  What HAPPENED with Allure's usual standards with this box?

Back