Allure Sample Society January Spoilers and Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, this is great. Have been wanting to try the Philosophy Renewed Hope and the new Revlon eyeliner, but don't want to give Revlon money given their horrible racist, anti-Semitic CEO's comments (unless they fire him!)  And I love Zoya polishes and all those colors look nice to me. 
I read that as well, hope they fire him! 

Super excited for this box, except that Revlon :wacko: Everything else looks great though!

This box looks great!! I'll stick around this round even though I'm supposed to be Down sizing my makeup and skin care collection

Well, I meant to cancel and I forgot, but luckily the box looks pretty good. Not thrilled about the Revlon thingy, but I did like some of the colors I saw in the store, so hopefully I will get one of those.

Also not thrilled about a Philosophy product. Their skincare makes me break out, so unless it is that new serum, it will be gifted real quickly. But the Zoya and the teeny soap and the StriVectin make up for it, so I'm not mad.

Here's to good colors all around!

I am getting the Cobalt Blue Revlon EyeArt. Not my jam. But, maybe I can dot just a dab using an eyeliner brush or something. Worth a little bit of play.  This is one of those things I wouldn't buy myself but still would like to try.

I can't use the Philip B conditioner as I use WEN. But, I love the soap and philosophy. Worth the box right there for me.

If I like the polish in person - I am getting Rayne (it looks baby blue) I may not give to my daughter as planned.  I will use it for my first spring pedicure.  I am all about fun colors on the toes.

I am getting the Cobalt Blue Revlon EyeArt. Not my jam. But, maybe I can dot just a dab using an eyeliner brush or something. Worth a little bit of play.  This is one of those things I wouldn't buy myself but still would like to try.

I can't use the Philip B conditioner as I use WEN. But, I love the soap and philosophy. Worth the box right there for me.

If I like the polish in person - I am getting Rayne (it looks baby blue) I may not give to my daughter as planned.  I will use it for my first spring pedicure.  I am all about fun colors on the toes.
Those are my colors/shades also. I wonder if it's accurate though, like last month my BL was listed as Abbey Rose but I got Mush.

Those are my colors/shades also. I wonder if it's accurate though, like last month my BL was listed as Abbey Rose but I got Mush.
That's what I'm hoping happens, like mine said Abbey something but I got Axel something. *no blue no blue no blue*

My box shows the same colors, blue Revlon and Blue Zoya.  I think they just put those shades on everyones dash board.  And I noticed that the box that was posted a couple pages up shows a StriVectin item but it's not listed in the box contents on the site.....

oh where is strivectin ? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( My dashboard updated with the products list and it wasn't there, yet if you go to the orders history and click on january order , enlarge the pic , u ll see it clearly on the right :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( big disappointment .. 

Hmmm, I got the Butter London  and polish that was on my December dashboard so, I didn't even think they could be generic.   If I don't get the blue eye art it will be a welcome surprise.

Two months in a row that the boxes rock! Can't wait to try everything in that box

Check out the directions for the soap!

How to use: Use the Erno Laszlo cleansing preparations prescribed specifically for your skin. Fill basin with comfortably hot water. Dip cleansing bar into water and gently massage wet bar over the face, then repeat. Set bar aside and then massage the face and neck with fingertips. Splash face 20 times with the Treatment Water from the basin to cleanse and stimulate the skin. Splash face 10 times with comfortably hot running water to rinse the skin. Blot dry. Follow with the Erno Laszlo toners, treatments and moisturizer prescribed specifically for your skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about using that $5 coupon going around to get a $10 box.... how easy is SS to cancel?
I signed up for SS in September and canceled for two months and signed back up for December, January. It was easy and I had no issues.  I never had a code so, not sure if those have any restrictions like new memberships or what.  The "cancel membership" is under Your Account.

I signed up for SS in September and canceled for two months and signed back up for December, January. It was easy and I had no issues.  I never had a code so, not sure if those have any restrictions like new memberships or what.  The "cancel membership" is under Your Account.
Thank you both! I was just about to ask the same question. This box has me very intrigued. I've been considering going back to BirchBox but I'll think I'll give this a try.

arg I just signed up and didn't know if the coupon worked because there was no place that said how much I'd be charged with the discount. I have to contact CS and keep fingers crossed that I can still get the $5 off.

It says 0 free month and then says they're still charging you $15.... but on the site there is a pic about the coupon. I have no idea. I hope they email me back about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I will play devil's advocate.  I can only find one official spoiler released by SS - The Zoya Polish.  Then there was the hint of the Philosphy product.  I may be wrong but, the only indication that there was a 6th item is the photo that appears on order history (a photo seen after billing occurs).  It is confusing to show the item with no plans to include it.   Its visible and sets expectations. But, the box itself was not officially advertised with full spoilers.

@kookmama You are absolutely right. There was never an official spoiler stating the Strvectin was there.

I don't understand why the box would be pictured with everything in it but thrown in an extra item that that people would get excited about but not include it.

I'm still pretty happy with the box,

I just think its a stinky thing to do..

Back