Am I the only one that can't find an HG foundation?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Hi girls-

I am sooo frustrated.

I have tryed sooooo many foundations and I cant seem to find one thats works for me. I have oli skin. Just to name a few that i have tried:

MAC - looks cakey and dry

BE - made my pores look huge

Duwop - looked to dewey

MAD MU -liquid foundation -streaky

Mary kay - cakey

I just bought Lorac - but i dont know if am i loving it. Its supposed to be oil fee- but i feel greasy esp on my chin. i got the tinted moisterizer and the powder. the lady told me that i didnt need the liquid foundation.

i have been searching forever

i'm about to just go back to me $5.00 cover girl, which isnt that great either but its cheap on the pocket.

HELP!!!!!

Reaction score
It took me a year to find mine. Have you searched lots of reviews to find better ones?

Reaction score
Gurl! You're not alone! I'm in the process of trying foundations. Just bought a Sheisedo one and will be trying a Dior one too. I hope I find one soon! It's driving me crazy!

Reaction score
Are you looking for mineral or liquid? There are soooo many mineral brands that cover great and look great! Try these:

Monave----great coverage!!! Will be too heavy if you don't have much to cover.

Everdayminerals----have up to 4 types of foundation formula you can choose from, and

are very cheap!

Meow----The color choices are never-ending!!

Those are a few examples of mineral mu if you wanna try!!!

Reaction score
you're not alone. i still haven't found my HG. i thought i did in the MAC Studio Fix Fluid but nope.

Reaction score
thank you girls - i know now that i am not laone.

i saw some good reviews for revlon colorstay and benefit foundation - i live about an hour from the King of Prussia mall - i guess i'll be driving down there again and trying out more foundations.

but it is one of the best malls in the u.s.!!!!

Reaction score
i use revlon colorstay with softplex...i think it works well and i have oily skin too.

oh try Lola foundation, it covers well and it's loaded with antioxidants and other good stuff for your skin. it doesn't go on cakey/flakey/etc, just smooth matte finish. it's on the price-y side though.

Reaction score
It is a struggle. I still haven't found my HG foundation either. I tried dozens of mineral makeup and even more regular foundations and still searching for that certain something. I think foundation is always a struggle though.

Reaction score
Colorstay has an "oily skin" formula. I used to use that foundation, now I just use the Tinted Moisturizer. It's inexpensive and better than most foundatons I have tried....and I've tried a lot!!

Reaction score
now i'm using shu uemura, it's the best one i've tried so far. but i do wish the staying power could be a bit longer then it will be my HG......but so far, i still love it! u can give it a try too~

Reaction score
I bought L'oreal age rewind and it's very light with great coverage. You should give it a try. It;s not expensive at all and I'm happy =)

Reaction score
I haven't found mine either, but I do go to the makeup counters and get samples. I haven't been too impressed by anything yet!

Reaction score
i don't know if i'll ever find my hg product. i hate to think that i'm fickle, but i'll try something new in a heartbeat. don't feel bad, i think finding that perfect product is a never ending journey! lol~

Reaction score
I can't either. And that's why I've stopped looking. Now I just focus on keeping my skin clear so that I won't even need it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by giggles1972 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi girls-I am sooo frustrated.

I have tryed sooooo many foundations and I cant seem to find one thats works for me. I have oli skin. Just to name a few that i have tried:

Duwop - looked to dewey

Mary kay - cakey

I just bought Lorac - but i dont know if am i loving it. Its supposed to be oil fee- but i feel greasy esp on my chin. i got the tinted moisterizer and the powder. the lady told me that i didnt need the liquid foundation.

i'm about to just go back to me $5.00 cover girl, which isnt that great either but its cheap on the pocket.

HELP!!!!!

Hi Giggles:

check out sephora's website. They've a number of difference foundations. If you can get to their store, even better. Keep trying, you'll find your H/G.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by giggles1972 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi girls-I am sooo frustrated.

Duwop - looked to dewey

Mary kay - cakey

HELP!!!!!

Hi, I'm curious if you used Mary Kay's full coverage foundation because it's fairly thick. I actually tried their Medium coverage and also their Tinted Moisturizer. Both work great, and I learned an amazing technique! You put a bit of the foundation on your palm (near your write), then you run your fingers through water. Take your Powder brush and dab it on your damp fingers, then dab it in a bit of the foundation and spread on your face. It's amazing how thin it is and it lasts ALL day long!

XXXX-Admin Removed Spam - XXXX

Reaction score
I haven't found a foundation I have liked in years. Right now i am using laura mercier oil free, expensive but so far so good. (I apply this with a damp sponge as recommended by the SA, and then finish with their loose powder). I know how you feel though, it's extremely frustrating. Have you tried powder foundation? Maybe that would be a good alternative. Otherwise you could check out your local department store and get colormatched and ask for a sample to take home and that way you get to try it before you pay more $$ for something you aint gonna like. Hope this helps

Reaction score
I have the same problem:

Mary Kay-started breaking me out

Palladio-too drying

Kevyn Aucoin-too much work to apply this foundation and is to heavy and looks dry on my skin

BE-irritated my skin

Lola-nice but not too much coverage.

Now I am using only EL loose powder.I am thinking about trying out Dior or Estee Lauder foundation.

Reaction score
aww I'm sorry, but if i could give any advice, i would say that you should check out revlon foundations... i have used colorstay or a long time, but i receantly am using the colorstay active one which i love even more, cause it looks really natural!

Latest posts