Am i ugly/ average?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Roshni Diya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the first i've had the guts to post a picture somewhere asking that question.

Lately i've been feeling worse about myself. I'm noticing things that i haven't before.

I have a long face, which i absolutely hate. A big nose, but i always knew that. My lips are too far down my face, i've recently realised. I think i have kinda big eyes but they're not exactly noticeable on my long ass face. I've ALWAYS thought that i've looked manly, and my features arent really feminine ones. Big jaw/ chin, big nose, long face, etc. I feel uncomfortable/ worse going out with my friends, because they're all so gorgeous and they're always complimenting each other/ getting male attention. I really just want to hide away in a hole. :/

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2250/imgp25530.jpg

I just want to know, what would you think if you saw me? And what kind of tips could you give me to make me look better? I'm not wearing make up here, and i usually have a side fringe. But i'm in my pyjamas haha.
I want to let you know that I honestly think you are a very attractive woman. Seriously, you don't have to worry about the way you look.

However, I do empathize with the way you feel. When I was a lot younger I always felt like I looked really masculine/androgynous and like a lot of the girls in my classes at school were much prettier than me. It also doesn't help that I have a cousin who really looks like a "blonde bombshell." If I'm in the same room or area as her, and guys are around I notice that they usually flock to her and ignore me. I always find that irritating. Also, my ex boss from my last job always sort of seemed to insinuate that he found me really unattractive. He was always telling me to wear different clothes and stuff.

However, I do know guys that like me too though, so I always try to forget about people who insult me, but I understand that it can be hard.

Here is a picture of me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/LadyDragonfire/Img-20070528-1746500796-1.jpg

The camera angle is a little bit distorting, but from what I can see, you're beautiful.

You don't look like a Barbie. Your look is very exotic. And you should treasure that.

Your eyes, lips and skin are spectacular.

Your nose isn't the tiny snub nose that so many want. But check out this article on noses! I love it! http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/women/big-nose

As for you looking manly? Are you freakin' kidding me? There is nothing manly looking about you at all!

I wish you could see yourself as I see you.

I have to agree with what someone else said... after that lead in, I was expecting to see that in the picture. And I clicked on it and it popped open and I couldn't believe this was this girl who had just been described! You are not ugly, nor average - you're gorgeous! All the features you mentioned - I think look gorgeous! In fact you look a bit like a girl I work with, who I think is completely beautiful. She also has a bigger nose, and that is no bar to anyone thinking she's a beautiful girl - beauty isn't just about being a cookie cutter. It's about being YOU! And I hope you will come to see that, and see beauty in yourself.

As a teenager I had a LOT of insecurities about myself that pretty well disappeared - things I had thought I had seen in the mirror just melted away, because I realized I was over analyzing. I still have insecurities, and worry about my appearance... but nowhere near as much as I used to. I think you will reach this point too, and I hope it is soon, because when you do you are going to look in the mirror and see the beautiful girl that everyone else sees. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi there, I have had similar view about myself. I can't see the picture you posted?

Hey dear.. You are very beautiful. Whoever has told you that you are ugly, must be blind. Without make up also, you are looking pretty.

Back