Americans, If you are thinking about not voting...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I turned 18 in January & just never got around to registering. Oops!
A lot of states have online sites for voter registration now. You might check that out.

Hm, just saw this, figured I might as well pass along the message.

I'm guessing this might apply to Romney/Republicans as well, so regardless of your political affiliation, please take heed. We don't want more complaints about being disenfranchised for this election cycle. ^~

Thanks ladies. I live in PA, I'll have to look into it. I don't know much about this stuff. (Like actually registering and whatnot, I've fully developed my political views, though lol.)

Hm, just saw this, figured I might as well pass along the message. I'm guessing this might apply to Romney/Republicans as well, so regardless of your political affiliation, please take heed. We don't want more complaints about being disenfranchised for this election cycle. ^~
We do mail in ballots here, but that is shoddy anyways. That's no better; blindly selecting one party, instead of taking the time to vote for folks individually. My other thought, don't vote, don't complain. You just stifled yourself and the ability to voice your thoughts. Just my opinions, though.

Ugh. I kept putting it off and putting it off, and now it's too late to mail in my ballot, so it looks like I'll have to drop it (and my boyfriend's) off tomorrow.

Not that my (green party) vote matters in (republican) Arizona.

images

I dropped our ballots off today.

Don't forget to vote, and then get free stuff for doing so!

1. Starbucks: While the coffee chain may not be running the same "free coffee" promotion as they did in 2008, Starbucks is still giving away free "indivisible" bracelets to any patron who asks.

2. Urban Outfitters: Hipsters, rejoice! Any Urban Outfitters customer caught sporting an "I Voted" sticker will receive 20% off his or her purchase.

3. Taco Bueno: Hoping to "Guac the Vote," Taco Buenos across the nation are offering free guacamole and chips for any patrons who say they have voted.

4. On The Border: Election day have you in the mood for some Tex-Mex? On the Border is offering free sopapillas on November 6 if you like the restaurant's Facebook page and print off a special coupon.

5. Red, Hot & Blue: Fans of the BBQ chain will receive a $5 meal if they wear their "I Voted" sticker during lunch.

6. Einstein Bros. Bagels: Customers with an "I Voted" sticker will receive a free bagel and, of course, schmear.

7. Krispy Kreme: Select locations of the popular donut chain are giving away free star-shaped donuts for their voting customer. Fried dough in exchange for a civic duty? Count us in.

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2012/nov/06/freebies-dfw-vote-election-day/

Voted this morning. The line was obnoxious and I cannot wait to not hear anymore political commercials for a while.

Dropped off ballots last night before heading to work. My family and I have voted...now for the drum roll and results.

Back