• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

AmEx Purchase Protection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've heard about it from various women on other boards I frequent & finally had the opportunity to use it the other day.

I bought a wallet last weekend & my crazy dog found it & began chewing on it. I called them on Monday & told them it was chewed after only having it for 3 days & wanted to file a claim. Turns out it was protected & they refunded me the purchase amount. I expected to have a credit on my account, but I just rec'd a check in the mail today.
smile.gif

Moral of the story, call AmEx if you have any mishaps like mine & try filing a claim. You never know if you'll be reimbursed for craziness like mine.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've heard about it from various women on other boards I frequent & finally had the opportunity to use it the other day.
I bought a wallet last weekend & my crazy dog found it & began chewing on it. I called them on Monday & told them it was chewed after only having it for 3 days & wanted to file a claim. Turns out it was protected & they refunded me the purchase amount. I expected to have a credit on my account, but I just rec'd a check in the mail today.
smile.gif

Moral of the story, call AmEx if you have any mishaps like mine & try filing a claim. You never know if you'll be reimbursed for craziness like mine.

Wow! That's a really good thing to have! I would've thought that being it wasn't a 'manufacturer defect' or a problem with the place you bought it at, that something like that wouldn't be covered... but that's awesome! I guess Chewie lives up to the name! LOL too bad it had to be on your new wallet!
tongue.gif

I'm so mad @ the little monster, but I still love him.

I'm glad I learned of this service that AmEx offers their customers. I guess if I wanna buy a "big" item, this might be a way to go b/c they'll be able to help me out if the manufacturer's warranty expires. Just need to look into it....

I talked to the lady @ the bank & she even said there's travel purchase protection. I don't know if they'll reimburse you if the flights are delayed or if you find a better deal & do a price adjustment.

Latest posts

Back