An unfulfilled Dream.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit college because of being a broke newlywed, then becoming a mommy to a special needs daughter..... I never went back, and I regret that. yeah, I know, I can always go back.... but still. I don't have that "career" I had once dreamed of. Although back then I wanted to be a teacher, and now that's definitely not what I'd want to be. I'm 35 and have no idea what I want to be when I grow up!!

I also would love to be able to play an instrument or sing.

cute thread. i liked reading everyone's.

i really don't think there was anything i really wanted to do. i have to think about this.

i wanted to be a gymnast. i was a pretty good tumbler, just too big for gymnastics.

I always wanted to be a lawyer, and attend an Ivy League college... I also planned on having a BIG name for myself, and being very well known in power suits... Alas, I don't think any of it will be happening... I'm content having my family, especially since I wasn't supposed to be able to have kids!

I don't live my life thinking about unfulfilled dreams so much. When one dream becomes impossible, I pick up a new one and continue working towards it. Right now, I would say I am becoming my dream because it's not over until I'm actually over.

I would say I wanted to be a model growing up, because I knew how beautiful they were supposed to be, and how admired they were. Back then, I so desperately wanted to feel beautiful and admired, so that is what I dreamed of as a girl, and I didn't have that already. Now, it's not so much my dream because that's not a need for me.

My current dream (which always morphs depending on where I am in life) is to set up a work environment that allows me to conduct my business anywhere I am in the world (I'm working on it). I also want to build a passive stream of income that takes care of all my living expenses so that when I have a family life with children, I can be with them and not suffer financially for it. I'm on my way though...

Back