Another coloring my hair ? again

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
i was wondering if you could give me some suggestions w/o going to the salon on how i can color over my highlights which have grown out alot with a dark ash blonde color, but i don't want it to have the ashy look, just not bring out the gold in my hair, which is also dk. blonde. i put a wash out color on it about 2 months ago, it was a med. ash blonde, so it did permanently lighten my natural hair some. or maybe i should do it in a med. ash blonde. i want my hair to be just a little lighter than my natural dk golden blonde(they said it was #6), but w/o the gold.

Reaction score
Don't use gold, red or warm tones to dye your hair - adds golden tones

Don't use an ash colour as you want to get away from ash tones.

Therefore, consider a dark neutral blond if you want to colour over your highlights. Your hair will stay around the same colour without making it goldy or ashy.

Hope my advice helps

Reaction score
thanks, i put a natural dk. blonde on my hair last yr., it all looked good except for on the very top of my head, it looked lighter and golden, weird. but thank you, i wonder what would happen if i mixed neutral and ash together.

Reaction score
I mix a neutral with a warm to get the right colour I want.

If you mix a neutral with an ash you would get a nice soft colour but not dulling like just an ash could be.

I definately think you're on the right track.

Latest posts