Any David Cronenberg fans out there?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just rented Videodrome...I'm not sure why I never watched it before cuz I'm a huge Cronenberg fan, but all I can say is WHOA! I love movies that are way out there and kinda disturbing...I just ordered Wes Craven's very first movie too, which is supposed to be extremely demented...especially for the time it came out(early 70's)...I must be sick in the head, cuz all my faves are really twisted stories.
icon_twisted.gif

I love David Cronenberg movies as well. ExistenZ, Crash, Dead Ringers, Scanners and you must see one of his earlier creepy classics Shivers. Videodrome was on a few weeks ago, it is funny to see such a young James Woods. Cronenburg is one of Canada's best directors. He has some really bizarre, twisted stories-kind of in a class by himself, an aquired taste lol. I love alot of movies and I tend to watch the indie movies or the older cult classics. Videodrome is crazy. I like movies like Phantasm, Westworld, the Omega man, the Handmaid's tale, older horror movies as well. I don't think you are twisted at all, they are great movies! Which Wes Craven movie did you order?

Originally Posted by peekaboo I love David Cronenberg movies as well. ExistenZ, Crash, Dead Ringers, Scanners and you must see one of his earlier creepy classics Shivers. Videodrome was on a few weeks ago, it is funny to see such a young James Woods. Cronenburg is one of Canada's best directors. He has some really bizarre, twisted stories-kind of in a class by himself, an aquired taste lol. I love alot of movies and I tend to watch the indie movies or the older cult classics. Videodrome is crazy. I like movies like Phantasm, Westworld, the Omega man, the Handmaid's tale, older horror movies as well. I don't think you are twisted at all, they are great movies! Which Wes Craven movie did you order? I think I did see Shivers...I ordered a bunch of his older stuff that I've already seen off of Netflix , just to watch them again and let my man watch them too(I'm not sure he'll dig them)...the Wes Craven one is The Last House on the Left...I've gotta wait til we get all the episodes of The Wire before they get sent to me though(my man got mad at all the crazy movies I was ordering and put The Wire at the top of our queue
icon_sad.gif
)Older cult classics huh?...Then you've seen Evil Dead and Basket Case? Those are hilarious!!!

Basket Case and Evil Dead were great..Have you seen Army of Darkness?..that movie is too much. I will have to see the Last House on the Left. Thanks.

Cronenberg has a new movie out called History of Violence with Viggo Mortensen. Has anyone seen it? Got big raves at the Toronto Film Fest.

Latest posts

Back