Any opinions on Fyrinnae or Nixie Cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been looking to expand the brands of eyeshadows that I use (or rather, to find less expensive alternatives to MAC without losing pigment quality). One company that I often hear in conjunction with MAC is Fyrinnae. Sadly, I've purchased this brand (a good 60 USD of it) and haven't really tried it out yet. Has anyone given Fyrinnae a chance? Any opinions?

Also, someone mentioned Nixie Cosmetics, and had said that they offer colors in the range of MAC shades. I checked, and they do have a nice selection. However, I'm wondering if their pigmentation is just as wonderful as MACs, and of course, I'm wondering about how well they can be applied and blended. Anyone have any opinions on this brand?

Since Fyrinnae is a mineral makeup brand, check the mineral makeup forum for more info on them. I've never used Nixie but some people like it.

My rec for you is NYX. They are a drugstore brand, but the quality of the eyeshadows are amazing.

I've used Fyrinnae and they are like $5 and highly pigmented mineral eyeshadows. If you are looking for high quality pressed eyeshadow I would go for Make Up For Ever...I've used MAC and Nixie and for about the same price MUFE has prettier colors and highly pigmented

I've tried NYX, and I was highly disappointed. I purchased three of their e/s trios, and all of them appeared beautiful in the containers, but I found that they were barely pigmented on my skin at all--and I have a very fair complexion to boot.

MUFE and Nixie are around the same price tag as MAC, so there really wouldn't be much of a money saver there, but rather, perhaps, more color options if I like Nixie. I do love MUFE, especially the star series.

Hmm, I'm really going to have to give Fyrinnae a chance, then. And sorry, I didn't even think to ask about Fyrinnae in the MMU forums.

i cant wait to try fyrinnae but i hear there customer service right now isnt the best with the holidays.

I really like MUFE

I'm not to fond of NYX trios, but i LOVE NYX ultra pearl mania pigments!! LOVE!

Originally Posted by mandilly /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've tried NYX, and I was highly disappointed. I purchased three of their e/s trios, and all of them appeared beautiful in the containers, but I found that they were barely pigmented on my skin at all--and I have a very fair complexion to boot.
MUFE and Nixie are around the same price tag as MAC, so there really wouldn't be much of a money saver there, but rather, perhaps, more color options if I like Nixie. I do love MUFE, especially the star series.

Hmm, I'm really going to have to give Fyrinnae a chance, then. And sorry, I didn't even think to ask about Fyrinnae in the MMU forums.

NYX's single eyeshadows are much better than the trios. The singles and the loose e/s are outstanding.

Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow pigments have great color payoff and so many colors to choose from. You can sample all of them. The shipping is really really really slow.

The colors are so beautiful. So many choices.

Latest posts

Back