Any recommended felt-tip liners out there?...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't quite have enough practice with cream liners just yet, but once I get good enough with them, I will definitely look into it. Thanks a lot Vogue. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for the black, I got an Eyeko one. Will try it out later on. Thanks folks!
It's not a cream liner. Sorry I was just trying to describe the texture of the liquid. Let me try again... The liquid is slightly thicker or heavier than a typical liquid liner. Hence the felt tip applicator is better than a brush tipped one, due to the ease of use. I find conventional felt tipped liners very easy to use because they go on just like a Sharpie marker. However trying to find a white one in a pen form is difficult.

That's how I figure it would be. Like a sharpie. Heavy and stable point for easy application. I don't like those thin ones.

As for the cream texture, that makes it sound a lot better, thanks. I suppose for now though, I will stick with the pencils. Still not too good to trust myself with the higher end stuff to waste just yet, but when I get there, I am definitely going to keep it in mind. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Milani had felt tip pen in white, but I think it was limited edition.  I have it, but it does not have staying power.

Ah, shame. I wonder why they don't have white ones like this. You would think they did.

Ah, shame. I wonder why they don't have white ones like this. You would think they did.
That's a good question, even for me! Even white tattoo inks and white felt markers (Sharpies) are very difficult to find. I know there are white grease pencils that the automotive industry uses for writing on glass. But even then, the tip acts like a scraper and scrapes the grease to the sides when writing, kinda like a snowplow.

For black and brown felt tip liners:

Personally, I've been using Cuore K-Pallete Real Lasting Eyeliner 24 hour and Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner Review.  They're the best Japanese brand liners.  You can get that from amazon, sasa (link removed), or ebay.

Eyeko skinny liner and Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eye Liner are reallygood too, and you can buy that from sephora.

For white felt tip liners, I haven't tried any, but I know Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner has a white version. 

What is a good skinny drugstore felt tip liner?  I am currently using Milani Eye Tech Extreme, which goes on like I want, but tranfers from my lash line to my lid throughout the day. Eyeko just seems to expenseive to me.  I could get a drugstore one for half the price, I just don't know which ones are the best quality.  I have tried the Physicians Formula ones and they dry up too quickly and don't last.

I've heard one of the Jordana ones is really good, sadly I've never been able to find Jordana anywhere, I have L'oreal Lineur Intense and it's ok

What is a good skinny drugstore felt tip liner?  I am currently using Milani Eye Tech Extreme, which goes on like I want, but tranfers from my lash line to my lid throughout the day. Eyeko just seems to expenseive to me.  I could get a drugstore one for half the price, I just don't know which ones are the best quality.  I have tried the Physicians Formula ones and they dry up too quickly and don't last.
Well, I got this Eyeko duo that is a 1.2g/.04oz 6M eyeliner (travel size) with a mascara which is .13 fl oz. The standard Eyeko is 15, but this package is 16, so you get a mascara out of the deal too. Looking at it this way, I see it as 8 dollars each for a decent sized trial of a higher end product, and that sits well with me. s:

I subscribe to Ipsy and they had be a bombsell Onyx eyeliner a couple bags back and I love it!

They also had Marbella eyeliners in their june bag, but I'm not as crazy about that one.

I actually had a question....did you want the white liner for your waterline? If so, I'd suggest a flesh toned pencil instead. Flesh toned pencils still brighten & open up the eyes without looking stark & creepy, as white liners can tend to look. Makeup Forever has a good Aqua Shadow fat pencil in the shade 30E. It's a waterproof, long wearing formula that works well for the waterline & as a base under powder shadows. It's a shimmery flesh tone. Once it sets, it doesn't move. They also have a skinnier Aqua Eyes pencil liner in a shimmery white in shade 14L, although this might be different in North America. I bought this one in Hong Kong a few years back. Same thing with this one. Once it sets, it doesn't move. They are both very reflective, though. Not always the greatest in all situations. The other thing that I don't like about the Makeup Forever Aqua products is that they set too fast. Not the greatest for a beginner. There is no blending them out once they dry down. My favorite one however, is an Avon product. It's called the Big Color Eye Pencil in B02 Vanilla. The shade is a satin flesh tone - the most realistic flesh tone I've come across - that has a beautiful formula. It's as soft as butter and is easily applied to the waterline, as well as easily blended over the lid as a base for powder shadows. You can blend it with your finger, a pencil brush or a fluffy brush. I was surprised that this formula also sets really well, even on the waterline. It really opens up the eyes without looking obvious or stark. It just looks like your eyes are naturally brighter & open. It's also the cheapest of the three (about $5 for 1.6 grams), and often goes on sale. This one comes in about 5 shades, if I remember correctly. It's by far my all time favorite. These really are multiuse pencils. The darker ones are super easy to smoke out & blend out, and they stay smudge-free all day. This is one of the nicest formulas I've ever used, and an absolute bargain. I never would've expected an Avon product to perform as well & even better than much more expensive brands. Anyways, wasnt sure what you wanted the white liner for, which is why I suggested the flesh tone liners. Hope that helps a little :)

did you try using a primer with it? i had transferring issues with other liners (stila, mostly) until i used a primer. but i mean, if you're adding a product, that money could go to a non-drugstore eyeliner like Eyeko. 

Again, i think if you wait on an Ulta sale their felt tip liners were pretty good to me and might be worth picking up.

If you want a cheap drugstore one, I recommend the Jordana Fabuliners. I have both of the colors + they are good. I prefer my Eyeko + Urban Decay ones, but for a drugstore they are pretty decent:) And I believe they are only $2 or 3.

Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want a cheap drugstore one, I recommend the Jordana Fabuliners.
These are suprisingly good for being so cheap. They do require primer though.

I am going to jump on the Eyeko bandwagon though. I really love mine and it stays put on me for many hours. My favorite liners are gel liners though.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want a cheap drugstore one, I recommend the Jordana Fabuliners.
These are suprisingly good for being so cheap. They do require primer though.

I am going to jump on the Eyeko bandwagon though. I really love mine and it stays put on me for many hours. My favorite liners are gel liners though.

Yeah, felt-tip liners are probably my least favorite, but they are decent for the price.

Back