Any websites similar to Birchbox?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of the blog posts I've seen of the Go Go Girlfriend boxes look pretty hefty.

Here is one I found from August

http://www.minipennyblog.com/2011/08/review-gogogirlfriend-box.html
Wow! THAT does look nice. I only dislike the two ELF products since those are $1 items which makes me question the cost of the rest of the stuff. I know that "relax" mask is sold at my local Dollar Tree because I buy them as bath gifts (I buy stuff at Bath & Body Works).

Updating this list:

Beauty Related

In the US:

• Birchbox ($10 monthly)
    You get between 4 to 6 samples sometimes deluxe size, sometimes full size and sometimes mini size. For each item you get you can review the item and receive 10 points. Accumulate 100 points and you get $10 off almost any purchase (some restrictions on certain items, see Birchbox for more info). You can stack your points to but points DO expire within 365 days. You also get 50 points if you get people to sign up via referral link and they become a subscriber or place an order with Birchbox.
  • New Beauty's Test Tube ($29.95 + $8.95, quarterly [every three months])
    This is kind of pricey at almost $40 but from what I've seen on YouTube and my own first tube... OMG... you GET your money's worth in products. I'm editing this list to add the QVC version (auto renewal or one time only).
  • Yellow Box Beauty ($34.95 monthly + $7.95 shipping/handling)
  • Eco-Emi ($15 monthly, free shipping)
    Keep in mind that Eco-Emi doesn't just send out beauty products but other products that are environmentally friendly products ranging from food to health products to household items.
  • Makeup Monthly ($30 monthly, free shipping)
    Turns out that this company is based in WA state. Are possibly selling/shipping discontinued/expired makeup. It does not have a Master Business License to resell (which is what they're doing with the boxes) and it does not have a business license in Federal Way, WA where the PO Box is listed at. Also their domain name is private so there is no way to know who owns the company. Buyer beware when dealing with them as they seem to be operating illegally in WA state.
  • Beautyfix ($49.99 quarterly, free shipping)
    I don't think the products shipped from Beautyfix are worth the $50 box. TOO expensive for stuff you can find at Walmart for less.
  • GoGoGirlfriend ($12.95 monthly for a box each month OR $6.99 monthly and you'll get a box every other month)
  • His Black Box ($12 monthly)
    For men... or women who like men's products.
  • Julep ($19.99 monthly)
    Hand, nail and foot care subscription based in Seattle, WA.
  • Beauty Army (unknown)
    Not yet launched. Info coming soon.
In Canada:

• Loose Button aka Luxe Box ($12 monthly, free shipping) 
  • Glymm ($10 monthly, free shipping)
In the UK:

In Australia:

• Lust Have It ($14.95 monthly or $160 for 12 months)
    This is the most similar to Birchbox right down to awarding of points to redeem for $10 off a purchase. Delivery is for Australia and Tasmania only. At time time I do not know if they ship to New Zealand or not.
Clothes

• Stylemint ($29.99 monthly)
    The styling powerhouse known as the Olson twins are back! Stylemint is their latest venture where they will be designing and releaing a new t-shirt each month! (Credit to Melanie for the tip! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)
Jewelry

Shoes

• Shoe Dazzle ($39.95 monthly, can skip before the 5th of each month.)
    Owned by Kim Kardashian, this is was among the first of the product subscription services that I heard about. I've been a member since 2008 and while I haven't purchased each month I have loved the shoes I've purchased from there including my exercise shoes which cost over $60 at other stores. In early 2011 they began to offer more than just shoes and handbags and now offer jewelry, haircare/cosmetic products (during the Dazzle Deal) among other items. From time to time they also have 2 pairs for $39.95.
  • Sole Society ($49.95 monthly, also can skip the month before the 5th of each month.)
    Exactly like Shoe Dazzle in that it's shoes but it's $10 more. Styles are practically identical to Shoe Dazzle but sometimes they have some much more cute styles.
Food

• Blissmobox ($19 monthly)
    Blissmobox ships out organic and eco-friendly products. Unlike other companies you can either let them pick out products for you or you can pick products to try.
  • Foodzie ($19.99 monthly) Like Blissmobox this company also ships out food related products. Unlike Blissmobox you don't get to choose.
Toys and Miscellaneous products

• Babbaco ($29.99 monthly)
    Items for infants and children.

referral links removed from post

Back