Anyone else going on a "no-buy"?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fighting myself hardcore right now. I paid extra on all my bills and credit cards just so I would be "broke" enough not to be able to spend money on mu, but now all i want to do is put it on the credit card. It's a neverending battle w/ mu. There will always be something new.

I'm going to make myself a list, or a scroll rather, of things I want and I'm going to allow myself a certain dollar amount per month so that I can satisfy a small urge each month. As with dieting if you don't allow some indulgences you'll just end up breaking down!! MODERATION is the key.

Thank you Weight Watchers for that great tip!
claps.gif

LOL......that is too funny! (I'm sorry)

Originally Posted by MacForMe oh SURE! I go on a NO BUY and what was in my email this morning? MAC tempting me with Rebel Rock, which is now up on their site.. and to complete that, there was a little note that said : Visit MACCOSMETICS.com and receive FREE STANDARD SHIPPING with any purchase. This is an email-only offer. Use offer code SF75E at checkout.
damn them! (shakes fist in some wild gesture while muttering really foul language)

I'm going on a no-buy from September 1 - December 1. I think it will not only help me save money, but it will help me to get reaquainted with older items in my stash. I'm going to haul for the holidays though!!
smile.gif

I am technically on a No-Buy since July since I'm going back to school (for makeup) next year, and I'll be getting a whole kit then. Unfortunately, it seems like everytime I go out, I find stuff that are "necessary" for when I practice on people's faces, and it's been a bone of contention between myself and my husband since then
icon_redface.gif
....sigh...I told everyone for Christmas to just give me a Sephora or MAC gift certs
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I'm going on a no-buy from September 1 - December 1. I think it will not only help me save money, but it will help me to get reaquainted with older items in my stash. I'm going to haul for the holidays though!!
smile.gif
WHOA! You are one brave woman!

I am on a no-buy since the begining of this month. Good thing too, because I just found out I have problems with my car and it needs $$$ to be fixed.

It's very difficult to be on a no-buy, lol! Every time I go somewhere, I have to buy some sort of makeup item. But I have so much makeup, I don't need anymore. I think I can make it the rest of the month without buying. I hope, lol!

yeah, no buy.. that worked out real well.. i went to MAC PRO, got 2 pigments and a diana brush (30$!).. and before that i got pearlizers.. yeah, it lasted..

But i looked at my train case, and thought, omg.. way too much stuff.. So, this time, i am on a no buy.. i can't FIT anymore in this case.. and no, i refuse to admit i need a bigger one.. just-wont-do-it.

Originally Posted by eightthirty It's a neverending battle w/ mu. There will always be something new. YES!!!
i've definitely been wanting a lot of things and although i've probably bought about 5 things in the past month (lots of swaps, too, and postage really adds up), they've been very expensive. plus, august SUCKS for businesses, so i've been making crap as far as my job goes.

HA! no buy for me?!?!?! you guys should know that i'm never on the "no-buy club" list. lol

Back