Anyone else that's pretty much "over" MAC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still love MAC... but I was just telling someone here that I'm at the point where my collection is where I want it to be... and I don't need anymore. Plus, they really do some many repromotes, it's getting kinda boring.

I actually LOVED the glosses from Cult of Cherry... they are gorgeous. I also bought 2 l/s and 2 of the e/s palettes. I realized I didn't need the e/s palettes because I have similar colors, so they went back. The l/s are going back this week too because I don't like them enough to keep them. I'm proud of myself. The glosses are keepers for me though.

I would take Nars over MAC anyday. I just bought a new Nars palette, and I am thrilled with it. For some reason whenever I buy MAC anymore.... I always have buyer's remorse and I'm never completely satisfied with the product.

Oh, I also bought 4 of the overrich pigments and I think they are beautiful.. I really love the texture and pigmentation of them. I'll be picking up the MSF repromotes (this is the kinda repromote I love) because I don't have them already.

IDK, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am buying MAC still but not nearly as much as I used to... and if I buy something I don't love... it's not going to sit there and collect dust. It gets sent back ASAP.

There are so many other wonderful brands out there. I need to start checking out BB again. Last year I hardly bought a thing from MAC and only bought BB. I love her stuff!

Edit: One thing I will always buy from MAC are their brushes. Other brands have great brushes too, but MAC's are pretty affordable imo.

The only thing I have bought from them was their Lipglass lipgloss in Underage, which I liked. Then I lost it in a hotel, and I actually really missed it, but I think it was more so because it cost like, FIFTEEN freaking dollars...too expensive.

But, I just bought some of their eyeliner on ebay cause of a recommendation, so I'll see how that turns out.

I've never tried NARS but I'm really wanting to since everyone is so for them. :)

Originally Posted by kaylen /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only thing I have bought from them was their Lipglass lipgloss in Underage, which I liked. Then I lost it in a hotel, and I actually really missed it, but I think it was more so because it cost like, FIFTEEN freaking dollars...too expensive.
But, I just bought some of their eyeliner on ebay cause of a recommendation, so I'll see how that turns out.

I've never tried NARS but I'm really wanting to since everyone is so for them. :)

Be careful with that eyeliner....double check to make sure it's authentic.

Im still mac obsessed but.........I only buy what I love from the collections....and try not to get into the hype and just buy b/c its le...............

Im prolly the newest MAC snob here ( I love MAC!) but I also like Shespace Fryienne,Taylor Made

Originally Posted by kaylen /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here this is the one I bought:
NIB Mac Eye Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in Smolder - Black - eBay (item 120283731204 end time Jul-21-08 19:51:31 PDT)

Can you tell?

It's NIB... so I think it should be fine.

Hard to tell from the picture, but I think you're ok. I'm not sure if there are fakes of these pencils or at least, close to accurate fakes. It's a little reassuring that the seller is not selling a ton of other MAC. I think you're ok.
smile.gif

i've never really been into a full collection. i just pick and choose from what they put out and grab whatever catches my eye. that way, the many collections don't break my bank and i still get to look forward to what's coming next. neo sci fi was a collection that i didn't think i'd like but ended up buying quite a few things off of it. i skipped cult of cherry altogether.

MAC has so many collections out now that I can't keep up. Many of the recent collections I haven't been that interested in. The most recent item I bought from a collection was Odd Couple duo mineralize eyeshadow. Otherwise not much else has caught my eye recently. And if there are collections that interest me I just buy the one or two items that catch my eye. From the regular line I do like their eyeshadows, blushes, and fluidlines but there are other lines I like as well such as Red Earth, Lise Watier, NYX etc.

I guess I haven't been 'into' MAC for THAT long--the first ones I ever bought were two e/s from the Barbie collection. So right now I'm buying stuff mostly just from regular stock...loving the lipglasses and eye shadows, etc. A couple of the collections have sort of caught my eye, but I don't feel the need to get everything in them just because they are a collection. And like most of you have said, when they come out with a new one every other week, I just can't afford it anyway, and it makes them less special. I think part of it for me, also, is the fact that I can't GET it here, other than online. I have the feeling that if I could just go to the store any time I wanted and pick something up, I wouldn't be so enamored of it. But I either have to save my money for when I go visit my sister, or order online so it seems less accessible. But even now I'm finding fewer things that I am in love with, so I think my 'collection' is getting to that point. Maybe I'll check into NARS or Stila and see what I need from there next.
smile.gif

I've been trying to hold on. But I think i'm getting there. I bought some stuff this weekend, and I'm not so interested since Sunday night. So I'm gonna take them back...

There's just so many other brands to experience

ive been noticing ive been buying less mac in general too and going for other brands.

then again, ive been buying less makeup in general.

Hi:

My love affair with MAC ended a few years ago. I do like some of the e/s, piggies, certain eye and lip liners. I will continue to purchase Viva Glam. My replacement for the clear lipglass is WNW's clear lipgloss.

My places to get e/s, pigment powder, eye and lipliners are Makeup Forever. I also love using Urban Decay, Stila, Smashbox, NARS, HIP and NYX.

My favorite toy from MUFE is their Flash Creme Palette. As a freelance mua, I just love, love, love this product.

I'm pretty sure I don't buy as much as I used to. But I still replenish my MAC staples as needed and pick up and item here and there when new collections come up.

Back