Anyone from Paris, help me pls!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
By next year September (2008), I'll be moving to Paris with my future hubby wuhooo!! Okie I know Paris has 4 seasons, I'm coming from a tropical climate country. I would like to know in what I should be investing especially skincare.I have a combination sensitive acne prone skin and dry body skin.Currently I'm using Cetaphil as cleanser, Kiehls oil free moisturizer a.m and night cream by my derm for p.m.For body,I'll use just any heavy duty moisturizer.Help pls ladies
biggrin.gif

hi, i stayed in paris for a year and i've also adjusted from a tropical climate to their winter season. i always have lipbalms around coz my lips tend to get dry easily and yeah a heavy duty moisturizer is necessary coz the ones i brought back home are too light. oh and i'm not really sure with the hair shampoo, but my hair always gets static and it's funny coz i've never encountered that before.

have fun in paris! i just love it there esp. montmartre.

Originally Posted by mahreez /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi, i stayed in paris for a year and i've also adjusted from a tropical climate to their winter season. i always have lipbalms around coz my lips tend to get dry easily and yeah a heavy duty moisturizer is necessary coz the ones i brought back home are too light. oh and i'm not really sure with the hair shampoo, but my hair always gets static and it's funny coz i've never encountered that before.
have fun in paris! i just love it there esp. montmartre.

i second that. i've never experienced a tropical climate, but definitely invest in lipbalms and bodylotions/creams. you should see my hands right now, they're so dry.for the shampoo, i have one that works great and i stick to it. to avoid the static i first put on my pullover then brush/comb/blowdry my hair, but i never avoid a bit of static.

i suggest you also invest in a heavier face moisturizer for winter, at least for your cheeks and nose, something to protect them from the wind and cold.

a trick i use is a few drops of vegetable oil i apply before my moisturizer. you can try that too.

currently it's a bit cold here (lol), we got -3°C last week, but usually winter here means temperatures of 2-3°C. you'll be coming in september so don't worry too much about that, it will be the end of summer so you'll have some time to get used to it.

oh and definitely visit Montmartre, you'll find many shops with the usual goodies for tourists, but it is beautiful and romantic, and you probably have the best view of Paris all around. it's really a beautiful town so enjoy and get an underground card
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back