Anyone have a good holiday/Christmas cookie recipe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a search but found nothing. There has to be some holiday bakers here... I'm really dying to make some cookies, but I never did it before. My friend gave me an excellent ginger snap cookie recipe, that doesn't look too hard.

Does anyone have any recipes (please!)
smile.gif
or pointers? Do y'all freeze your cookies, and if you do, how do you do it? Do you use wax paper and ziplock bags? I really want to try this. I don't even know what the popular holiday cookies are... and no clue where to begin.

I know sugar cookies, and almond snowballs... but that's about it.

We just had a cookie exchange at work, I found some recipes on allrecipes.com, and foodtv.com.

Allrecipes has a neat cookie countdown, with different cookies everyday. I made the ultimate double chocolate cookies, they tasted like one bite brownies! I also made this linzer cookie recipe. They are a bit of work, but definitely worth it!

You can freeze most cookies once baked. I would wrap them very well, and only keep them for a few weeks. You can also freeze most doughs, which is what I would recommend. Just make up the dough as normal, wrap it in plastic wrap, then pop it into a ziploc baggie. Most doughs can stay frozen for a month or so. When you want to bake the cookies, just thaw the dough in the fridge overnight, and bake as normal.

Good luck!

I skipped out on cookies this year, unless we make them on Christmas Eve w/ Aunt Kat. Normally, or at least last year, I made Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Chip, Sugar (perfect for Christmas really), Peanut Butter, Seven Layer, and Oatmeal Raisin.

As for storing, I left them on a cookie plate covered w/ saran wrap. You can put them in airtight containers too. Zip-loc bags should also work.

Oh, might I at least recommend, when you bake them, use parchment paper. You can use the same piece for 3-4 batches before changing it, and the cookies don't stick! Not to mention, you don't have to wait for the pan to cool before cooking the next batch!

i second Aquilah, for cookies you need parchment paper ! i use it also when i'm baking frozen fries in the oven.

i use tupperware boxes to store my cakes. you can also use a metallic box if you have one.

NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES

2 cups butter

24 oz. chocolate chips

4 cups flour

2 cups brown sugar

2 tsp. soda

1 tsp. salt

2 cups sugar

1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)

5 cups blended oatmeal

4 eggs

2 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. vanilla

3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the

butter and both sugars.

Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking

powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts.

Roll into balls, and place two inches apart

on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

go to allrecipes.com...they have tons of yummy recipes there for xmas...you name it..and you get to see reviews of others who tried it

Latest posts

Back