Anyone here use Netflix?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I gotta say - about the live streaming videos on Netflixs...

At the time when I had it, they had limitations on what to watch. A bunch of like B-listed movies. I'm sure now they upped their selections, but that was the only way I really watched movies when I didn't feel like waiting a day to receive the flicks.

I miss netflix :/

I also had netflix for a while but I canceled. Too lazy to return the movies to get new ones..

If you love watching movies then you should subscribe. Its better than blockbuster imo

I'm a used-to-be netflixer too. I was one of those people who had never watched 24...then I got the program discs through NF. It was great to watch 4 straight episodes, no commercials. Go Jack Bauer! *lol*

I also watched "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Go Larry David!
smile.gif

No more netflix here....my gf and I watch a lot of reality tv....Rock of Love, Project Runway, Hell's Kitchen, Kathy Griffin. And of course during baseball season it's all about the Phillies for me.....

I used it but felt it was a waste with the dvd's just sitting unopened.. but still better than blockbuster.

Also lovefilm is a good one here in the UK

Originally Posted by Tracigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm a used-to-be netflixer too. I was one of those people who had never watched 24...then I got the program discs through NF. It was great to watch 4 straight episodes, no commercials. Go Jack Bauer! *lol* My husband and I did that too! (And then of course with the writers strike, by the time we got "caught up" the new season never started, but I digress...)
We have Blockbuster Online, and we really like it. We get 2 movies at a time (there are other plans available). What we really like about the Blockbuster Online is that we can turn them into our local Blockbuster store and they will check them into the system there so that our next movie is sent right then, instead of having to get back to them through the mail before the next one is sent (though you can simply mail them back if you prefer). Also with the plan that we have we can trade in movies that we received through the mail for movies at the local store 3 times a month. And they have LOADS move movies available through the online service than you will find in the store. Hope that helps!

Since this is a few years old I thought I'd ask again about Netflix.....

Thinking of getting rid of the movie channels and streaming Netflix thru our tv. I read some reviews on the 'pissed consumer' website and people were saying there aren't really any of the new releases available thru Netflix. I don't need to watch new movies right away but don't want to wait forever either or find out I'm not able to see them thru Netflix. 

Any opinions will be appreciated.

Originally Posted by jewele /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since this is a few years old I thought I'd ask again about Netflix.....

Thinking of getting rid of the movie channels and streaming Netflix thru our tv. I read some reviews on the 'pissed consumer' website and people were saying there aren't really any of the new releases available thru Netflix. I don't need to watch new movies right away but don't want to wait forever either or find out I'm not able to see them thru Netflix. 

Any opinions will be appreciated.
For the price, you can't beat it. You can check out instantwatcher.com for upcoming and expiring titles, as well as titles they currently carry.

My only gripe is that a representative told me they probably won't stream Breaking Bad season 4 for a few more months until the "newness" wears off. I'm too cheap to spend another $8 on the DVD plan when I won't use them other than for Breaking Bad.

We had Netflix for a while, too, but cancelled it after a few months. It's great if you don't mind watching older stuff, but any new releases take forever to be posted on there. I actually found a website where I can watch TV and movies for free, so Netflix became obsolete for us. The only thing I do miss is the ability to play Netflix through our Wii onto the TV. THAT was nice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

we used to have the dvd thing, but since they charged more for it we are just down to streaming

it kind of sucks that they have changed the price, but for a while it was nice getting movies in the mail

I have the instant streaming from Netflix and have for about a year now. I have no idea what I'd do without it. I don't have a cable box in my game/work room so I stream TV shows and movies through either my Xbox or my PS3 at least on a daily basis. I keep something like American Dad playing on repeat while I'm doing my hw or working just for background noise. Plus, the instant streaming is great if you travel a lot. When I went to Alaska I had a 4 hr layover to and from. While I was sitting in the airport I created a mobile hotspot from my phone and just watched an entire movie while waiting. Plus, if you have a certain phone I think you can stream to your phone now.

I have the instant streaming too. I like it because I don't have cable and it's nice to be able to have so many choices even though they don't have newer stuff.

Back