Anyone in or near Alberta, Canada?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite is Harvey's poutine. I don't like mcd's or kfc's poutine. I like New York Fries poutine sometimes as well. I think on poutine beef gravy is the best. Really there are so many variations and you can't really go wrong! The sky's the limit! I also love the various fry wagon poutines... I used to eat it daily too but I can't do that anymore 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Harveys only at certain Home Depots... It's too far for a quick bite for me and its at Home Depot with no drive thru and only 1 cashier. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well that sucks >.< I don't get to eat out very often. But this whole thread has made me very hungry for poutine in general >.<!!!

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No poutine at Mc D's in Vancouver:( I like the ones at kfc and NY fries best.  

I totally forgot about NY Fries! They are awesome!! Mcdonalds in and around Quebec have poutine, as well as a few odd other locations.

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My favourite is Harvey's poutine. I don't like mcd's or kfc's poutine. I like New York Fries poutine sometimes as well. I think on poutine beef gravy is the best. Really there are so many variations and you can't really go wrong! The sky's the limit! I also love the various fry wagon poutines... I used to eat it daily too but I can't do that anymore 
icon_rolleyes.gif

I dont eat at Harveys, but I will have to try the poutine!

To the OP of this thread,

The ladies here have given you great advice on what to wear for the weather. Boots, Warm jacket, Hat, Scarf, Mittens, Warm pants (Jeans get really cold in the winter) and sweaters and sweatshirts. You;ll be all set for a Canadian winter!

Definitely try our poutine, back bacon (if you eat pork) delicious maple syrup and Beer! lol

Well I hope that you have lots of info to help you prepare. Feel free to ask anything else that we may be able to help with :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you.

I feel a little overwhelmed. A friend there told me to wear two pairs of pants???

Originally Posted by Slinkycats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I hope that you have lots of info to help you prepare. Feel free to ask anything else that we may be able to help with :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow lol how about some thermal, long undies??? lol very sexy lol

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you.

I feel a little overwhelmed. A friend there told me to wear two pairs of pants???

When its really cold I wear leggings underneath my pants, or if you can find a decent pair of long underwear. I know Under Armour makes some that are breathable. I think they are pretty expensive tho. You won't need to wear them all the time I don't think. Just good to be prepared and if you don't need them than great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had to wear long underware underneath my pants everyday in the winter when I worked because it got sooooo cold!

The worst thing to wear is jeans! They dont hold any heat in at all and the material gets ice cold very very fast!

Winter isnt that bad, just cold. lol

Remember chapstick! Its a must in the cold weather!

I agree whole heartedly on this!

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to wear long underware underneath my pants everyday in the winter when I worked because it got sooooo cold!

The worst thing to wear is jeans! They dont hold any heat in at all and the material gets ice cold very very fast!

Winter isnt that bad, just cold. lol

Remember chapstick! Its a must in the cold weather!

Next tuesday and wednesday temps seem to be really really cold at -10 deg c to -21deg c...  brrrrrr

Dress warm and in layers.  gloves, hat, scarf to cover your face - keeps your lips from chapping.  Heat packs are good to have too if you are going to be outside for a while.  I wear knitted tights under my pants when it gets cold, its warm and inexpensive.  That way, it doesn't feel too bulky, doesn't bunch up.  You also get warmth for your feet too.   I still wear jeans but when it gets wet, you're screwed!!  It gets cold fast.  If you are just going from garage to car and car to underground parking... then it really doesn't matter too much anyways.  When we were in Edmonton, I don't think we actually went outside. 

Vancouver is a balmy 10 deg c... we have poutine here too ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

MMMMMMuah!!!! XoXo

Thank you so much for all your help. I know it's a little late but I had a blast and the weather wasn't so bad. Now I'm going there again at the end of March...ahhhhhhhh much weather too!!

<3 :)

Back