Anyone in School?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blah ! I lost two hours with that criminal law teacher, he was so pretentious, his talk was all nonsense (i mean after 4 years and three degrees on my belt we're still talking about the same crap) i know we inherited a lot of Roman law, blah blah blah [french version Cellers ^^], but we were constantly talking about the Republic, then the Empire, then the Republic again... And it was all less well taught than my previous teachers. I even stopped taking notes and wrote in big : see notes from last year in history of criminal law.

At least that means some wednesdays evenings won't be spent at uni and in public transports.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I AM! I just handed in my paper on the history of PI for my Early History of Mathematics class. It ended up being way too long, and I had to cut a bunch of it out...and now I'm not happy with it at all.
frown.gif
Do they really have that as a class? I've never heard of it before...it sounds really hard lol

yep yep in school too lol I'm trying not to hate it too much since everyone always say "be happy you're in school, real life sucks"

yea...well. I'm working part time, in school full time, fighting depression most days....it's not that much fun. AND lack of having a boyfriend is starting to get to me...haha ha ha.

haha I put the PRO in procrastination. There were times last year when I wouldn't start a paper that was due for my 8:30am class until 11pm-12am that night. Because I would find all the excuses to procrastinate.

Basically what I'm doing now, I should be studying for my midterm for tomorrow, and another one and sunday but I have found an excuse to come on here.

I could go on and on about this...I work full time, go to school online, and have a "tween" who is a real handful. I am NEVER rested, almost have forgotten what it feels like to get adequate sleep! There are three classes that I am going to have to re-take..even though I have the potential to be an A-B student, it has not been happening...I really wish I would have gone to college right out of high school as I originally planned...

PREACH!!! Man, I feel you! I'm over here taking Medical Terminology 90, Math71 AND Chemistry 10 this semester so I can be done this Spring and enter the RN program.... and here comes my baby sister complaining about some damn art class. WTF?

lol you guys are too funny. I'm reading this thread instead of writing a measly 1000 words about something that I have most of the do***entation for. Ptch. Stupid school!

and banapple! OMG you're me! I'm working part time, studying part time, no boyfriend, live with my parents.. sigh.

Oh well! never mind ladies!

we're going to be so uber qualified and cool a few years from now! hear that glass ceiling cracking? that's us on the way up!

I took a Sociology class over the summer so it was pretty easy, bit boring though. As for stressing, I'm a Graphic Design/Web Design major, so I'm almost always pulling my hair out. Its tough to come up with 4 different ideas for your 4 classes and than put them together and yeah. I'm currently putting off a project thats due this coming Friday. haha I should go work on it.

Ugh hella sucks im in the middle of applying to transfer schools right now and its total bs. Everything I do counts towards my grade..and not to mention one slight tweek of my grade can drop my honors gpa and pull me outta the program. Such bs. And I'm only at a community college, this shit better get easier as I go along.

ughh! i'm taking Nutrition also! I have a presentation due in a few weeks!! ughhhh i flippin' hate presentations! they take up too much time! and it's an 8am class! I would much rather do an exam! plus my psych professor hates our lecture class! he always rags on us because a lot of people failed our first midterm! and i'm also having a hard time in another class, math152! hate it hate it hate it!!

oh yeahh.. i just remembered that i have a paper for psych! due this friday also!! hehe, but it'll be a cake walk! don't worry too much about your paper, i'm sure you'll do fine!!

Sociology? I agree, icky. I avoided as many of those classes as I could by going for Computer Science. I actually liked calculus until I had to take Series as an accelerated course during the summer, while taking Oracle and Java (17 credit term and I still managed a 4.0!). I'm glad I'm done with school, but I still have to work on certifications for Oracle and Cisco (unless if I want to work in telecom the rest of my life), so it's not much of a break.

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do they really have that as a class? I've never heard of it before...it sounds really hard lol Yep, it's a class. lol. And, yes, it's hard. The class average for our first test was 40 percent.
laughno.gif

I am, haha too bad you find sociology caca-ish haha! Im going to be minoring in it, but its not for everyone. Im almost done my BA in psych and will hopefully try and get a Masters in the next few years... Ive done mine compressed 4 years in 3..so I have a midterm, a pile of essays, approx 18-25 assignments and a midterm every 1.5 months-ish..its killer, and sometimes I wanna cryyy ! haha. Im working part time and have 2 little girls aged 2 and 3. but soon itll be worth it..right?lol

wow, I can't imagine the work load I currently have PLUS children!

you guys are very inspirational!

By the time my masters is done I'll have been studying for 7 years! long enough to be a dentist or a doctor! woah! and I might want to do a PhD, which is a further 3 years. I don't think I'd get into the course but we'll see I guess!

Originally Posted by MissBGlam /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I'm taking non-credit online classes...that counts right??
lol.gif
Well it's a web design course and it's really fun learning a lot. Hopefully I'll get really good at it so I can make some money from it. Right now we just got to the little more difficult stuff about web design but for the past 5 weeks it's been pretty simple.

School work is school work, haha. Good luck in web design! Glad you're finding it easy.... *grumbles*
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I totally hear you! I have an Environmental Management Report for a petroleum company that uses SAGD due in a week, plus mid terms are popping up like crazy. I'm supposed to go on a field trip to a drilling site next weekend but I don't think I'll have the time to make it
frown.gif
Ew. I don't even like the sound of the title, made me want to cry reading that. Ha. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Nick007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Girl!!! I feel ya. I work full-time, go to school full-time and i'm pregnant. I have time for nothing much less studying. Every single day is a battle. Oh dude. Poor you :[ Don't stress your bebe out! I dunno how you manage full-time with both things. I can't handle part-time of both things!
Originally Posted by laurafaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif Socialcaca lmaoo. Some of my friends are doing that at college and they all complain about it. My teachers pile work on me constantly, they must think I'm like a machine or something. Grr.

I wish I was still in High School, I loved French haha
biggrin.gif

I'd pull my hair but it would probably all end up in my hands (I wear extensions lol
tongue.gif
)

Lmao. Don't pull them extensions out! Hahaha.

Originally Posted by LookLovely429 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't care what he looks like...he won't be with me...I'll be chillin with George, Lincoln, Alex, Andrew, Ulysses, and Benjamin! Lmfao. THAT'S RIGHT, girl! Haha... gotta get the money some how.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can sympathize with your pain lolI have a test tomorrow in RE, I can't write 'cos of my arm. That should be fun! I mean, what the hell do they expect me to do?!

Media sucks at the minute, our teacher's flipping out over nothing and since I can't draw or write down any of my notes or ideas I'm getting really frustrated and I tried painting with my left hand today in Art, it didn't go well.

Ugh, I'm seriously pulling my hair out with my good hand
tongue.gif

frown.gif
Not even drawing stick figures? Haha.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes and that is why i have been missing in action for so long on here. No wonder you've been mia. That sucks, good luck though. Hope to see you post more often.

Originally Posted by debbiedeb77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif sociology was one of my faves- i HaTED astronomy i t was a pain in the arse!...not much of a science person, my fave overall class was cultural anthropology and human sexuality. I LOVE ASTRONOMY. But I had a very easy teacher and missed 1 class and he gave me a B
plain.gif
bastard. But I found it an interesting subject but then again, the teacher was easy and wasn't strict on reports and stuff.

Originally Posted by la_chinita /img/forum/go_quote.gif I feel you, Celly...I'm in school again...ugh, after "graduating" this last spring, because I have two classes that I still have to take. It sucks, having already walked with the cap and gown and with no diploma to show for it...lol. But yeah, that's what I get for putting off Chemistry until my last quarter!!! So yeah, I just finished a Chem midterm and I hope I did ok...last night was crazy...I procrastinate too so I had to pull an all-nighter.
Ok, and here's what puzzles me most...what does P.E. have to do with getting a degree? Umm, that's stuff they tell you in high school, that you can't graduate unless you pass P.E. I thought I was done with all that, but nooooooooo, they tell me I need one more P.E. class to complete my GE requirements...wtf? I actually don't mind doing a PE class so I can work out a little bit, but it just really messes with my schedule. Anyway, I'm taking Yoga and it's kicking my butt. lol. Boy, am I really out of condition. haha.

Hey, if you need any ideas for your Sociolcaca class, I can help you out if you like...
smile.gif
What topic are you doing it on? I actually love Sociolcaca, just because usually you can write a lot of bs on the paper, as long as you spit out Sociolcaca-terminology. In my experience, at least, lol. So yeah, let me know. =)

Damn, that sucks :[ Well all you got 2 classes so you're almost there. I never got the PE thing either but through nutrition class - I understand the need for more physical education and encouraging folks to do it because we're a big ass-people country, haha. Oh well. Good luck with that
wink.gif

And my subject was sociological imagination... I get the subjects... it's just putting it into word and explaining is what makes me all confused and lost for words. Ugh. Thanks though.

Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am done with college and have been for years, although I miss it and may go back for my Master's. I remember taking Sociology. That class was all about relating to something that had some sort of influence on status quo society. It seems to be the study of society more so than a social cinco.
In relation to teeth, I believe that in certain social situations hygiene is important. We live in a society where bad teeth is considered repulsive. I don't mean crooked, I mean unkept and missing, as well as, inflamed with bacteria and other yuckies. Now if you moved to Ethiopia, you will notice that more people are care-free, yet careful but less judgmental than here because they take and value what they can get. If you put a person with bad teeth and good teeth in a social situation, the good teeth will always receive positive responses, whereas; the bad teeth will receive negative responses.

That's a good prespective of it. I just feel like, course training on behavior and how to deal with other people and being sensitive to their matter would be more useful than socio class. But that's just me whining haha.

Originally Posted by 4getmeNot /img/forum/go_quote.gif ugh..yes..i just started my first semester at a community college..i'm having a hard time keeping up with everything..i failed an exam today!
frown.gif
it seems like i don't have time for anything else, sometimes i wish i would have waited a little longer & took a break ( i just graduated high school). but i feel ya! it can be overwhelming, but i just try to think about the end rewards...graduating...gettin a degree..better job, more $ ya know?
good luck, and know you're not definately not alone!

Oh noes
frown.gif
I wish I went and got college started while I was still in High School, I feel old being here. Haha. I really am not because majority of the folks here are older but yeah. Good luck with your class.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I AM! I just handed in my paper on the history of PI for my Early History of Mathematics class. It ended up being way too long, and I had to cut a bunch of it out...and now I'm not happy with it at all.
frown.gif
I'm like that too! I wrote so much on my socio-paper I had to got paragraphs off and just didn't care at the end of the night. Oh well. Good luck Shaunders
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I finished up college last year but I still remember the stress and constant self-doubt that my course work caused. Sometimes, I don't know why I put myself through the torture. But I did make it through and so will you! Hang in there, chica...one day soon it will all be worth it. Hugs.
smile.gif
Thanks Abers!

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Blah ! I lost two hours with that criminal law teacher, he was so pretentious, his talk was all nonsense (i mean after 4 years and three degrees on my belt we're still talking about the same crap) i know we inherited a lot of Roman law, blah blah blah [french version Cellers ^^], but we were constantly talking about the Republic, then the Empire, then the Republic again... And it was all less well taught than my previous teachers. I even stopped taking notes and wrote in big : see notes from last year in history of criminal law.
At least that means some wednesdays evenings won't be spent at uni and in public transports.

Lmao. You're insane Aude! Hahahahaha.

Originally Posted by banapple /img/forum/go_quote.gif yep yep in school too lol I'm trying not to hate it too much since everyone always say "be happy you're in school, real life sucks" yea...well. I'm working part time, in school full time, fighting depression most days....it's not that much fun. AND lack of having a boyfriend is starting to get to me...haha ha ha.

Ugh, I feel you on that big time. I would enjoy school a lot more if I didn't have to work. I would enjoy work if I actually liked it but its not my career choice so I hate it...

Originally Posted by esha129 /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha I put the PRO in procrastination. There were times last year when I wouldn't start a paper that was due for my 8:30am class until 11pm-12am that night. Because I would find all the excuses to procrastinate.
Basically what I'm doing now, I should be studying for my midterm for tomorrow, and another one and sunday but I have found an excuse to come on here.

Haha. You are a Pro... jeez. Get off MUT
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jessiej78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I could go on and on about this...I work full time, go to school online, and have a "tween" who is a real handful. I am NEVER rested, almost have forgotten what it feels like to get adequate sleep! There are three classes that I am going to have to re-take..even though I have the potential to be an A-B student, it has not been happening...I really wish I would have gone to college right out of high school as I originally planned... *shudders* Tween.
Good luck alone with that, haha. I agree, I wish I had not work right after HS and just focused on college to get majority of my stuff over with.

Originally Posted by ~Ms.August~365 /img/forum/go_quote.gif PREACH!!! Man, I feel you! I'm over here taking Medical Terminology 90, Math71 AND Chemistry 10 this semester so I can be done this Spring and enter the RN program.... and here comes my baby sister complaining about some damn art class. WTF? Medical Terminology is a pain in the ass! I Medical assisting class to see if I wanted that as a career and they had terminology troughtout the course and ugh, that was really bad. I prefer the nursing math then the actual terminology.
Little kids
plain.gif

Originally Posted by vadavine /img/forum/go_quote.gif I took a Sociology class over the summer so it was pretty easy, bit boring though. As for stressing, I'm a Graphic Design/Web Design major, so I'm almost always pulling my hair out. Its tough to come up with 4 different ideas for your 4 classes and than put them together and yeah. I'm currently putting off a project thats due this coming Friday. haha I should go work on it. Ew. That sounds bad. Haha, I do some graphic stuff when I'm bored and I get stressed off that and I don't even have to do it, lmao. Good luck
wink.gif

Originally Posted by LittleMissLilo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ugh hella sucks im in the middle of applying to transfer schools right now and its total bs. Everything I do counts towards my grade..and not to mention one slight tweek of my grade can drop my honors gpa and pull me outta the program. Such bs. And I'm only at a community college, this shit better get easier as I go along. Damn, that sucks. That's why I'm scared to be in Honor and stuff like that... that's added stress. Good luck, Nat.

Originally Posted by kcam125 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ughh! i'm taking Nutrition also! I have a presentation due in a few weeks!! ughhhh i flippin' hate presentations! they take up too much time! and it's an 8am class! I would much rather do an exam! plus my psych professor hates our lecture class! he always rags on us because a lot of people failed our first midterm! and i'm also having a hard time in another class, math152! hate it hate it hate it!!
oh yeahh.. i just remembered that i have a paper for psych! due this friday also!! hehe, but it'll be a cake walk! don't worry too much about your paper, i'm sure you'll do fine!!

Haha aww, that sucks. Those are not good classes to take together. I enjoyed my Psych class so much I took a different one another semester. The teacher was easy enough where we only had for exams for the semester and that's it. I prefer learning like that, haha. Less work.

Originally Posted by irnogs /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sociology? I agree, icky. I avoided as many of those classes as I could by going for Computer Science. I actually liked calculus until I had to take Series as an accelerated course during the summer, while taking Oracle and Java (17 credit term and I still managed a 4.0!). I'm glad I'm done with school, but I still have to work on certifications for Oracle and Cisco (unless if I want to work in telecom the rest of my life), so it's not much of a break. Dude... how'd you manage that over Summer? Did you have the short term of 6 weeks as oppose to the 3-4 months of fall/spring classes?

Originally Posted by xoxmonicaxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am, haha too bad you find sociology caca-ish haha! Im going to be minoring in it, but its not for everyone. Im almost done my BA in psych and will hopefully try and get a Masters in the next few years... Ive done mine compressed 4 years in 3..so I have a midterm, a pile of essays, approx 18-25 assignments and a midterm every 1.5 months-ish..its killer, and sometimes I wanna cryyy ! haha. Im working part time and have 2 little girls aged 2 and 3. but soon itll be worth it..right?lol Aw man. With bebes too? I dunno how you mommies manage all that and WORK! You're superwoman.
I really don't like classes involving any form of essays in it, haha. I don't mind math, oddly - and that was my least favorite subject from birth until HS.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
Not even drawing stick figures? Haha. We don't do stick figures, unfortunatley
frown.gif
It's all making models and stuff. Blah.I wish we did do stick figures
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dude... how'd you manage that over Summer? Did you have the short term of 6 weeks as oppose to the 3-4 months of fall/spring classes? Yep, it was a short term alright. I have no idea how I managed honestly. I thought for sure I wasn't going to figure the material out in time, but I did somehow. To be honest, I think the thing that helped me the most while going to college was working in the tutoring center. I did that for my last 2 1/2 years there and really enjoyed it and it REALLY helped with making the lessons stick. When you had people coming in for help over the lessons from that day or the day before you have to remember it and understand it better. They often helped me see things I overlooked too. :)

Back