Are old "new", unused lipsticks okay to use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a lot of new, never-used lipsticks on Ebay about 4 or 5 years ago, kind of forgot about them, and I recently ran across them when going through stuff I'd stored away. They've never been used, no oil droplets coming out of them, look like new, and I tried one to see if it applies the way it should and it does, hasn't dried out or turned gummy.

But I have no idea how old they were when I bought them. They're a mix of Revlon and Max Factor lipsticks, and I see some of them offered for sale on Ebay and Amazon for some impressive prices, so I'm mulling over trying to sell them, but I don't want to sell something that could be harmful to a buyer.

Anyone know if they should be okay to sell?

Thanks,

Carol

If they're unused and never opened they should be fine, but should be sanitized just in case before personal use. If you're selling them, then make sure the original seals are still intact. 

Here's my youtube tutorial on makeup sanitation.

They've been opened by me to see if they've been used, that's about it. There isn't a seal on all of them but even on the ones that still have a label, the tube can be opened.

Latest posts

Back