Are you cut out for the simple life?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing wrong with the choices your friend has made. Her priorities changed when her life did. If she is happy and that lifestyle works for her, more the power to her.

I would do the same for my daughter who is now 7 months. I wish I could go live on a commune somewhere where there's no vanity or corruption to influence and distract us from the important things in life

Having a carreer first instead of  children first may be a great choice For a person who wants that & Having the "Simple" family life instead is great as well if thats what you want.   You said all sorts of things of how your friend made changes n A Husband N something about movies or music But All I really Seen was that you said she was Happy & fine with her life.   I dont care if your working all day, workin in a circus, or a SAHM   If your Truly Truly HAPPY     Oh my GoD good for you  That to me is the main thing In life . Its not about Money, Others Opinions, Houses, Or Doing things just to please others Its to be Happy And To Love your life n Loved ones!!!!   I  dont think I could completly change to a Makeupless/Movieless SAHM life but As I said everyones different n whatever makes you most happy than go for it!!

Wow.

when i read the title i had no idea you meant THAT simple...

Re: Your friend

Somehow i dont think of simple life as meaning JOBLESS... Does her husband have a career? why should she not have one too? If he does I dont think of this as a valid... thats not simple.. just something religious or whatever. (if he has a career then isnt his life complexed.. or is it only she who is "simple"?).

IMO Giving up your career would be justified if I had to move somewhere or take on some other world view where WE ALL have to drop our career and begin to till the land.. raise goats for a living lol.

Re: Your question

If push comes to shove, I could easily give up the "complicated lifestyle" as you call it... IF push comes to shove... Because when that happens, you are forced to deal with REAL priorities, and at the end of the day makeup and parties, fashion and a fancy wig isnt NECESSARY! I already know that.

i CHOOSE to leave a complicated life and thats just because its interesting to me now. I am a person who adapts well to changes and i could easily find new joys in life, a new focus, new priorities, ways to have fun etc.

idt simple life means you wont be interested in beauty tho... everyone has ways n mean of adorning themselves.

idt simple life doesn't mean you dont care about your health either...

Well said reese. 

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had this convo with friends and I don't understand this:

Why's everybody saying she gave it all up for a MAN? "Economic independence" is not the be all and end all to life. I know that that's the feminist mantra, but for some of us, it's ok to have studied, had the career and now CHOOSE to be on the front lines at home taking care of our families. I honestly think it's quite insulting when ppl say that you gave up your financial independence for "a man." What about my children? Why couldn't it be that I CHOSE to stay at home, CHOSE to be their caregiver and teacher, CHOSE to trust in God that me and my man and our children will be ok? Why's free choice always recognised for those who work outside the home but never a liberty for those of us who are at home?

I think your friend is VERY corageous. To put God at the center of your world, allow your man to be the head of your family, and be the nurturer, rather than chase the pretty and money, I applaud and admire her for that.

We

Back