Are you excited about the bright orange lip trend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm wearing Revlon's Matt Balm in Mischievous today, and I like it!  My skin tone is fair but warm, and it works.

Thank you again for this wonderful rec and swatch. I just picked this up at CVS like 5 minutes ago. I can't wait to take pics and review!

I'm very pale and cool-toned. Red-orange is a nightmare enough, orange-orange is bad news. I've recently discovered a way to wear orange shadow but that's nowhere near as prominent on me because I wear thick-framed glasses that kind of tone down everything I put on my eyes. 

[@]Ginanimal[/@] I think that looks gorgeous on her! It is bright, but it's more of an orange red I think? Anywho, here are pictures of about six of the orange shades I'm wearing right now, pics were taken in the bathroom with and without flash, daytime light would probably been much better, but from top to bottom they are Kat Von D. Stiletto (orange red) Lipstick Queen Stoked, it's only 10% pigment so it's more a wash off colour than anything else, NYX Butter Lipstick Fireball, Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn, this looked like a red online but turned out to be more orange than red which I was kinda happy about, Stila Colour Balm in Valentina which is a true bright orange and Stila Lip Pencil in Tangerine Dream a deeper, but still true orange. My faves have to be the Kat Von D and both Stila's.

Quote: Originally Posted by Prtylitlesyko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Ginanimal

I think that looks gorgeous on her! It is bright, but it's more of an orange red I think? Anywho, here are pictures of about six of the orange shades I'm wearing right now, pics were taken in the bathroom with and without flash, daytime light would probably been much better, but from top to bottom they are Kat Von D. Stiletto (orange red) Lipstick Queen Stoked, it's only 10% pigment so it's more a wash off colour than anything else, NYX Butter Lipstick Fireball, Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn, this looked like a red oTnline but turned out to be more orange than red which I was kinda happy about, Stila Colour Balm in Valentina which is a true bright orange and Stila Lip Pencil in Tangerine Dream a deeper, but still true orange. My faves have to be the Kat Von D and both Stila's.

Thanks for the swatches!. I like the last one, Stila Lip Pencil in Tangerine Dream. I might have to check that out to go with my new Revlon Matte Balm in Mischievous!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ginanimal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you again for this wonderful rec and swatch. I just picked this up at CVS like 5 minutes ago. I can't wait to take pics and review!
Let us know how you like it!  It settled in my lip lines but wasn't very obvious unless someone invaded my personal space
smile.gif

I have the Starlooks Tendergloss in Pooh and I really liked the way it looked! I think the most important thing for me, at least, was not to overdo the blush.

I think it will look good on some people. But will more than likely look horrid on me because im reall pale and have cool skin tones.

my mom ONLY wears orange-hued lippies. she only has 2 or 3 lipsticks at a time, and every time she runs out, she'd buy one more..and end up liking another orange-hued one. haha. me..i don't wear much lipstick..but i've noticed that orange hues look more flattering on me than red or pink. of course, neutral/mlbb shades are my favorite! hehe

As an ex-smoker I don't exactly have bright white teeth, so even lipsticks with orange undertones for me are a nightmare, imagine a bright full orange! :icon_neut It scares me quite a lot... I don't think it's going to be my colour for the season, I might definitely try orange lipglosses or sheer lipsticks though... Anyway, it appears to me that Keira's Red Carpet lipstick was more of a simple orangey red like Dangerous by Mac rather than a proper orange...
If you're looking for a very sheer almost lipgloss type orange, Lipstick Queen makes one named Stoked from their endless summer line, it's only 10% pigment, so more a wash of colour than full on orange.

Back