Are your nails always long?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I find my finger nails go through these weird phases. Every DEC & Jan and also in Aug & Sept my nails are really crappy and short and ugly!!! The rest of the year they are long and hard. Does anyone else have this problem??? It's always the same months for me, is there a way to avoid it??? oh....... and i have really nasty cuticles and I've tried everything with on luck. If anyone know of a miracle out there....pls let me know!!!

no they arent, they tend to grow longer in the summer because i dont have to do so much things then cause im on holiday, and i have more time to take care of them. have you tried using a nail strengthener? i use teflon tuff by sally hansen and it makes them stronger and keeps them from breaking. as for the cuticles, make sure you moisturize your hands daily and maybe rub some baby oil into the cuticles, it helps keep them soft.

thanks for the teflon tip!! as for moisturizing ........... trust me I do it 20+ times a day .... I wear powdered gloves all day at work!!! which my by the cuticle culprit, but there must be something out there!!!LOL

I feel like it only sits "on" my skin and doesn't penetrate?? but i still use it!

my nails are terribly weak all year around.. i don't get much calcium in my body so i'm assuming that's why but, i try to keep acrylics on over them at all times.

I had the most brittle nails, and it was so soft that you could even bend it backwards, but then I started using olive oil on the cuticles before bed, and using Mircle Nails to strengen them, and it seems to work, and they don't break that often anymore, and I work very hard with my hands, so olive oil is my adivise...

my nails were always short because, no matter what i did, i couldnt keep them long. they always broke right away because they were so soft. now, since i'm pregnant, my nails are hard and they grow faster.

Well I don't want nice nails that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughno:

I bet your hair is really nice now too??

:laughing: Prenatals are for non pregnant people, too. I've been refilling a script for over a year now.

i use GET GROWING by sally hensen. it's multi vitamin solution. i massage on the nails and cuticle. since it penetrates in the nail, there is no chipping. i use it every day. i reviewed that product.

Hm, that's weird that they have cycles like that. I have the opposite problem, mine grow really fast and I have to keep them trimmed every week or so!

Hm, my nails are the same all year -- fairly strong, and long if I want them to be ... however I've kept them shorter the last few years because I spend all day typing on the computer! I curl my fingers too much when I type so if my nails get very long I end up typing with my nails instead of my fingers. My nails have also been curling under more lately (they used to always grow out straight) and I think it's because of how I type! They used to be straight before I stared spending all day on the computer! (I am a software engineer, and a Computer Science student before that, so I don't have much of a choice ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

you guys who always have long nails are lucky ..... it always seems something improtant happens during crappy phases!!! weddings, new years.....

either very short to a med. length...

i work a lot with dirt/plants (my major is env. science) so its just way way easier. and i do lots of crafts so its also just easier.

for the most part I've been able to keep mine long since I discovered OPI nail envy. I put two coats of it on under my nail polish, makes them grow fast and I rarely get breaks. If I'm not going with any polish, I'll still apply nail envy.

Solar oil like the other gals mentioned is really good too. It was the only thing that would work for me on my wrecked nails after I had gel nails removed a couple times. It does sort of sit on top, you just rub it into your cuticles and on your nails best you can, doesn't work instantly but you see results with regular use after a couple weeks, it really promotes growth

Latest posts

Back