Aspirin mask/toner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Liz

Reaction score
I've read some reviews about homemade aspirin masks and toners on makeupalley.com

Has anyone used these before?

I want to try it out, but there's so many different recipes on there that I'm not sure which one I should try. I have combination skin that is acne prone. Not too oily, but can get oily. dry patches by my chin. Argh. I hate my skin.

Liz

Reaction score
The girls on makeup alley have so many different recipes.

Some with alcohol, witch hazel, rose water, etc. I don't know what any of those things would do to my skin and I don't know what kind of skin they have and if it's similar to mine. So I don't know what to do.

I'm thinking I will just try it with some bottled water and make a paste. My bf has witch hazel. Does anyone know what that does?

Reaction score
Yup i ditto what honorbright just said! Sorry i didnt see this post earlier either because if i did, i would have let ye know how i did it! My only problem is the price of uncoated aspirin. I think ye can buy a huge bottle of it in the US for a few $ but i paid over €3 for 6 of them the last time i bought them (i think!)

Reaction score
LOL at the care package! Ya, Ireland is a RIP OFF COUNTRY although the only good thing is that ARMANI cosmetics are actually cheaper here than in the US!

Reaction score
i also use aspirin with water, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! i tried it with plain yoghurt once, eeek. can't stand the smell. I have also tried it with the queen something julep or something mask
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I don't know if there was a difference, i just like the convenience of doing it with water. Some are doing it with pure aloe vera, which i am thinking about, but am just plain lazy.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by destiny I have also tried it with the queen something julep or something mask
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LMAO! Destiny.. you're talking about the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask, right?!

Reaction score
This is one of those things I've been wondering about forever...and never remembered to ask! Sounds intriguing...I must try this. I'm an exfoliating fanatic anyway! My skin needs it!