At what age....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm, lying that I'm 32 because I can. I love my glitters. Its all in technique, blending,color choices. You can go overboard if you aren't careful but I think after almost 30 years of doing my makeup, I know what the limits are. 

.....just don't take my glitter.

I think glitter is for whoever has the confidence to wear it! I love it personally, but I try to stick with only one glitter/shimmer when I'm doing makeup. I also like the radiances from bare minerals and use them as cheek colors, when I do that I wear matte shadow. Or if my lip gloss is really gllittery I make everything else simple.

You're never too old for a little sparkle....and definitely not at 25.

I agree that if shimmery shadows are applied with a heavy hand they can look dreadful, but that's on anyone...of any age.

(I'm 37 and routinely wear a glittery eye, lip, nail... maybe not all at the same time)

Well, in my opinion, glitter is for women under 25, and over 25 you should be looking for shimmer instead.  Glitter can be harsh, settle in fine lines if you have them and look juvenile but shimmer can give you a natural glow at any age. Don't mean to defend anyone but that's how I feel.  However, with that said, I think you have to consider lifestyle and personality.  If your an artist of any sort (hair, makeup, painter, photographer, ect) you probably can get away with what others cannot. More conservative places, even a glittery nailpolish is not considered professional.  I work in schools and at a daycare, and glitter at 33 just doesn't look right but a shimmery eyeshadow or in a highlighter can really make me glow and is never inappropriate. Having a sparkly eyeliner or a nail polish with glitter is different than a pot of glitter or body glitter too.  And to be honest, glitter often gets in your eyes and is harsh and drying when in a lipstick but that's just me.  And btw, I've been accused of being 21 so I probably can get away with glitter but oh well:)

laughing.gif

dito.gif

I say NEVER! Last weekend I was amazed by a group of 'G-ma's' at a local club and they were decked out!! I noticed 3 of the 'G-ma's' went all out with glitter lashes, glitter eyeliner, shimmer eyeshadow and bold red lips. And TBH it looked good on them. I hope I still have that kind of boldness when I am their age!!! 
headphonedance.gif

I say rock what you can.  I think in some situations it can accentuate lines & wrinkles, but even the right attitude and presence can work it past that.  It's about what you feel comfortable with more than anything.

You're never too old!  I'm 30 and I wear glittery eye/nail/lip/cheeks (not simultaneously though lol)

I agree with these ladies! You can never be too old to wear glitters as long as you're comfortable and you make it look good on you! It doesn't matter really as long as you don't overdo it. Everyone will look in glitter shadows and I say it makes you look prettier and being pretty has no age restrictions :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back