AVON

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super Meh about Avon. I've tried a variety of products on several occasions over the years and the only thing I was satisfied with was their bubble bath.

Don't care for Avon, Mark, Mary Kay or Artistry cosmetics. I haven't tried any skin care products other than a skin peel from Artistry which I like but haven't bought again since it's $100.

There are products from Avon that I love and some I'm not so crazy about.  Their Perfect Wear line of cosmetics is really good.  I'm partial to the foundation and lipsticks. They really do wear a long time.  I like their glimmersticks (eyeliners and lipliners) and their washoff waterproof mascara.  Their glazewear lipglosses are really nice too.  I'm not crazy about their eyeshadows.  Some of the pigmentation is ok, but most are barely acceptable.  For what they charge for them, they should be punished!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Not worth the money. I like the Anew line of skincare, but it's just to pricey for me.  It's worth it, I'm just cheap!! LOL  There are some fragrances I love and purchase when they are on sale and there are some that I hate.  I think Avon is like everything else, there's gonna be some good stuff, ok stuff and not so good stuff.  I have the same experience with ELF.  There are products I love from ELF and some I'd never purchase again.

I like some of the Avon perfumes, but I wouldn't purchase them full price though... I don't like their eye shadows.. I just dont buy any of their makeup range except for their lipsticks, I love their lipsticks! I also like their bath and shower range.

Ok thanks for all the input. I just signed up to be a representative for a few extra dollars and the fun of it. I personally like their odd and ends stuff that's a special or on a sale. I do really like their lip glosses and fragrances. Also their bath and body I do want to give their ANEW products a try I've heard good things about them and saw it advertised in fitness magazine with good reviews. I'm always on the look out for a reasonably priced anti-wrinkle product that works.

I love some Avon products. Like every cosmetic company some products are amazing and some are so so.

Silicone glove is an amazing cream that I use when I don't have any Derma Shield, helps to keep your hands clean when working with fake blood.

I just don't like there products, at least the AVON in europe. The quality, to me personally is either drugstore quality or worse depends on the products 

i used to be an Avon representative here in Canada, and i loved it. Sure, there were some products that I genuinely did not like, but on the other hand, what i liked, I loved! i still use some of the products (such as the Super Shock Mascara in Blackest Black, or the Eyeshadow quad in purple haze. and i adore their brushes!) Avon is just like any other brand, you have to be patient and find what works for you. 

oh, and having sensitive skin, i can say that the Avon products i have tried have never caused me an issue!! 

I have always loved something from Avon. When the Anew skincare came out, I was hooked. But now that I blog, I have wondered away from it. I swear by it as far as it has kept my skin looking awesome. And their lipsticks have really come a long way. I like the moisturizing ones. They have a great variety of colors. And one thing that does make me want to do business with Avon is that the models in brochure as well as the products are diverse.

They have definitely expanded their product line. I just got all my brochures and starter stuff from AVON in the mail. I was browsing through the first brochure and noticed they even sell clothes and shoes! I was surprised. I even saw a pair of boots I'm considering purchasing;-) lol

I haven't really tried Avon products, I saw the magazine and it looks pretty affordable - but idk.

Has anyone ever heard of Motives Cosmetics? I don't like Mary Kay, but when I was shown Motives I was hooked.

I LOVE their products. Its very colorful and fun. They have a great liquid foundation that turns into a dry-like powder when

it has sat. I used to sell it, but I quit. Now I miss it and I want to start selling it again.

Originally Posted by Nikki Daneker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have definitely expanded their product line. I just got all my brochures and starter stuff from AVON in the mail.

I was browsing through the first brochure and noticed they even sell clothes and shoes! I was surprised. I even saw a pair of boots I'm considering purchasing;-) lol
The shoes and boots i've tried and purchased were wonderful, and super cute, too! which boots are you looking at getting?

Its a pair of brown knee high boots in campaign 21. There's also a black pair with silver buckles that I wouldn't mind having either lol

There are some good products for me, such as the Supershock mascara and eyeliners, some Planet Spa items and some fragrances (even if they don't last long, I love their smell). I've also tried meh products, and products that I really hated, for example the Advanced Techniques volume spray.

Latest posts

Back