Awesome ! Geisha putting on face makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this was interesting to watch! thanks for sharing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> she got skills for sure, the way she was massaging her face freaked me out at first though, especially the pressure on the eyes :|

but the outcome is awesome :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks again for sharing! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This was a great video. I am so fascinated by geishas. Her hand is amazingly steady - she's had a lot of practice, you can tell.. great video! Also it was filmed on my birthday. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Very impressive. I'd be interested to learn what product is used to paint her face white!

Wow, thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that.

I have to admit that I thought it would be a bit more complicated

whoa, that is so amazing!!!

I agree, when she was doing her face in the beginning it freaked me out, there's no way I'd be pulling at my face and eyes like that, lol!

Thanks for posting! I was thinking the same thing at the beginning, especially when she was pressing down on her eyeballs... made me nervous, but it was fun to watch!

I agree an awsome video!!

For a Geisha ,like everything they do, applying make up is an art!

I've always been very, fasinated by Geisha and their whole way of life.

Tho, I believe she is not a geisha. You can tell this by a few things

- The fact that she leaves a little skin showing around her hair line and neck showing

- If you noticed she applied subtle cherry blossom pink to cheek/eye areas

- She applied a ver y defined outline of deep crimson and black to her eyes.

- She only partially painted her lips in crimson

- She wears her natural hair not a geisha wig or katsura.

All these hint to the fact that she is actually a Senior Maiko, not really a full fledge Geisha. Although it is hard to tell with out seeing her kimono, obi, or easiest way to tell her collar.

Oh, and in the begining when you see her pulling on her skin, eyes, & brows she's actually applying ISHINERI , which is like wax, which is why you see her rub her hands together then wipe some off w/ her finger. She's warming the wax to make it more plyable, then appling it on those areas. Especially her brows, which makes it easier to cover up w/ her DORAN, or the white liquid you saw her paint on.

so i know she was crazily pullin on her face. but what do you think she was putting on while she doing that???? it looked like a thicky waxy thing but it evened out everything on her face!!!! thanxxx for the post by the way!

amazing! it's funny how next to that white foundation everything seems so yellow. even her eyes! i didn't like the camera angles though and it didn't give a good shot of it all when she was done. i enjoyed it anyways

Latest posts

Back