Back 2 MAC -- get free lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Joyeuux Yup, you can bring back empty eyeshadow pots, but you only receive a free lipstick.
Also, a lot of people don't realize that you can mix & match your empties. You don't need to just bring back, say, 6 empty Studio Techs. You can bring back 1 mascara, 1 lipstick, 1 compact, 1 nail polish, 1 brush cleanser and 1 empty false lash box.

I usually always mix... very rarely do I have 6 of any one thing lol

i can't wait to finish some of my MAC items and do Back2Mac....i think it's kindda fun...

Funny. I've had some resistance about doing this, but have been stockpiling empties!
biggrin.gif
I really must get myself in there and do it!

Originally Posted by eightthirty I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I have a dumb question. I really just need clarification. I don't need to keep the black paper boxes the products come in, do I? I can just throw those way, right? just an addition info about the box...you don't need it for Back 2 Mac...They require boxes for returns or exchanges. But still depend on the store. I exchange some products before and they require box for that purpose.

I've GOT to go through and depot all of my e/s...I have about 16 e/s that I could do that with.

*runs off to start the depotting process*

Question: Can I ONLY get lipstick...or can you get the non-Viva Glam glosses?

Originally Posted by Mirtilla Is B2M available in Europe? Does anyone know it? As far as i know, Back to Mac is valid to the whole world

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess I've GOT to go through and depot all of my e/s...I have about 16 e/s that I could do that with.
*runs off to start the depotting process*

Question: Can I ONLY get lipstick...or can you get the non-Viva Glam glosses?

Only lippies.

I wish you could get something other than a free lipstick. I don't wear lipstick, only glosses. you should be able to get a free eye shadow!! LoL That would definitly interest me. I end up giving my B2M containers to my sister-in-law!

a couple a week ago, echange 6 empy lipstick container for a lippy...
icon_razz.gif

I'm so glad yall bumped this old thread. I'm new to MAC (only about 3 months) and I did not know any of this. Great to know!!!

Originally Posted by lia_matos As far as i know, Back to Mac is valid to the whole world Thank you so much Lia!

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to revive this post, cuz I have a couple questions regarding B2M.
1) Will they accept MAC paint tubes? Cuz it seems like it's only plastic that you can return.

2) Can you get a lipgloss, instead of lipstick?

Thanks!!

This thread is old so it should be closed. You can now get a lipstick, gloss or eyeshdow for 6 empties.
Also they are really enforcing the metal pans in the pot now. My friend did B2M and they let her return the pots w/o the pans but they told her she cant do it again.

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif What about MAC Paint tubes? Can you return those? I would think so but im not totally sure.

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to revive this post, cuz I have a couple questions regarding B2M.
1) Will they accept MAC paint tubes? Cuz it seems like it's only plastic that you can return.

2) Can you get a lipgloss, instead of lipstick?

Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure they accept paint tubes, but now that they're trying to discontinue the tubes and have the paint pots now, I wouldn't be 100% positive. You could always call up a MAC store or talk to a rep online and find out. Maybe some of the girls here who work for MAC might give you more insight on this.
To answer your 2nd question, counters ONLY allow you to use b2m empties for lipsticks. However if you go to any MAC freestanding store you are allowed a choice of lipstick, lipgloss OR eyeshadow. Sometimes they might be strict on certain collections (ie Mcqueen or Barbie collection) but usually if you're a regular, they might let it slide. Another thing is I heard you can't use them for Mattene or Slimshine lipsticks, however a girl I spoke to said the MA let her do it for B2M which I found odd...I guess it depends on the MA or the manager/store policy.

Although I don't work for MAC, I believe every MAC store should enforce the policy more in which they all go by the same guidelines and inform all employees of what they can or cannot use as a B2M empty. I feel that way, it would be fair to everyone. I just went to another MAC store yesterday in which the manager herself okayed me to use my B2M empties for 3 Mcqueen e/s. Whereas, in the MAC Pro store they were more strict about it and said "no"

Another thing is I heard from an MA who told me that for future reference they're NOT taking back depotted e/s without the tin/metal pan that holds the e/s. Supposedly corporate faxed all the MAC stores about this. I'm not sure on whether this pertains only to NYC or nationwide. I do know that the ppl who are bringing back like 100's of empties at one time and not buying anything does ruin it for us! lol, I mean getting 3 e/s free is one thing...but getting more than 10 freebies all in one day is just too much for corporate to handle. they're losing out. However, I feel that if you're paying an extra $4 for a pot form e/s instead of pro pan, I don't see why you have to have the tin/metal pan in there. Kinda silly tbh, but MAC could basically do what they want :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back